Chapter Six: Silence in the night

Chapter Six

Silence in the night

"I told you should't have done that." Moore says and grabs Sarah and sets her on the counter.

Moore grabs a Hello Kitty band aid from the cabinet. He lifts up Sarah's knee, and places the band aid on her knee, she struggled.

"Oww."

She stops crying and her face lights up when she sees Hello Kitty.

Alice walks into the bathroom. "What's wrong?"

" She fell in the back yard, playing with Bobo. "

Alice walks up to  Sarah and picks her up.

" Control your dog." She shoots back she walks out angrily.

Moore walks out of the bathroom confused, he goes through the pantry looking for a blanket for Sarah and Alice. Alice is sitting on the coach looking at Sarah's cut. Moore walks up and quietly says,

"You can take my room, I'll sleep on the coach."

Alice looked up and smiled.

"I'm sorry." She says embarrassingly.

He nodded and smiled.

Alice stood up, and Sarah follows her. Moore walks over to the front door and locks it. He checks every window, when he gets to the sliding glass door, he switches on the light, Bobo his German Shepherd, is laying on his stomach looking up at Moore. With friendly eyes.  Moore shuts off the light and sets down the metal bar to lock the door, and closes the blinds. He walks back into the front room, and takes off his Kenneth Cole New York First Hand shoes, his socks are purple and polka dotted pink. He took off his black Pinstripe Suit Jacket , and blue fitted tie. He slips off the Blackhawk Nylon Ambidextrous Horizontal Shoulder Holster, and sets it on the coffee table.  He sits down and stares at the clock for a moment, 12:57 Am, he lays down, and goes to sleep.

5 HOURS LATER:

Moore wakes up to the sound of a crash coming from outside. He jerks up straight, he stands up and grabs the Silver Desert Eagle from his holster, and his black streamlight Stinger. He walks over to the light switch by the front door, he tried to switch the light on, but it didn't work, so he walks to the bedroom, with his gun held to his side.  He walks in the dark for a moment, then he switches on the streamlight.

"Alice." He whispers "Sarah." He adds

There was a silence. Then Bobo begins to bark. He growls. Moore's heart begins to race. His light bobbing up and down as he walks. He swings open Alice's door and whisperers

"Alice?" There was no answer which panicked Moore. He flashed the light onto the bed, Alice lay on her side, next to her, was Sarah.

"Alice." He repeated when she finally heard, she turned onto her back.

"What?" She said in a raspy voice.

He walked over to the bed, and knelled down. Bobo was still barking, then he fell silent then yelped. Moore shined the flashlight into the bathroom, and gestured Alice to move that way. 

"Get in the bathroom." He ordered.

"Why?"  She whispered 

" I'll tell you after wards."

Alice didn't question, she obeyed him. Moore handed her gun to her that was on the dresser. She took it. Alice didn't want to wake Sarah.

"There's a flashlight, in the second drawer." He says and points to the drawer.