Chapter Fourteen: Laughter is the best drug

Chapter Fourteen

Laughter is the best drug

BOY'S POV:

The world around me came into vision, that's when I saw it. The valet blue wallet. I picked it up slowly, without hesitation, I flipped it open. I read the name out loud.

A loud noise, hit the side of the truck. The wallet dropped from my hands, and fell on the ground. I rested my head on the ground, trying to act as if I was still asleep. The passenger door swung open, I was pulled by the Collier of my shirt.

My body fell on the concrete ground. I winced from pain. The bright sun hitting my face. Boo's barking didn't sound near, he sounded Miles, away. As if he was running away. Away from me. I looked around quickly to spot Zero. He was no where insight, that's when my eye caught a figure on the ground. My eyes narrowed, Zero's body laid on the ground, with merely a puddle around his limp body. The tears fell from my face. I reached my hand out to touch his soft fur. I ran my fingers through his hair. When my hand touched his fur, I felt a rush of air leave his body. His stomach was rising and falling slowly. A relief left my body.

The man slammed his large foot on my chest, my hand sprang up. I grabbed his foot. Too weak to do anything, I gave up. I heard whimpers from Zero. I tried to focus on the man standing above me. The sun too bright hitting my face. I put my hand up to cover the suns flare.

That's when I focused on the man standing above me. I saw things I didn't see before. The scar that ran from the top of his lip to the bottom of his chin. His skinny figure. His sharp canine teeth. He smiled at me. And whispered.

"Everything is going  to be  all right."

He lifted his foot from my chest, and slammed it on my jaw. The blood squirted out of my mouth. I laughed, for some reason, i just laughed and could't control it. He cringed his eye brows.

He mouthed the word.'What'

I started to laugh even harder. The words slipped from my mouth.

"They'll find me. My mom is going to go looking for me. Do you think my dog is just running away, without a reason?"

He chuckled. "No they wont. Plus your dog is a dumbass and wont come back. Trust me. He wont."

I laughed even harder the blood spitting out my mouth.

"They don't need to know your name, just remember I do. I Will never forget."

His eye brows uncringed " You don't know my name?" He shook his head.

I laughed, and ran my hand over my mouth. I smiled.

 I brought my right hand up in a fist, and lifted my middle finger up, and smiled.