Chapter Thirteen: A sound was calling

Chapter Thirteen

A sound was calling

The back of Moore's head touched the cold, wet, snow pavement. His hand clutching the snow beneath him. He couldn't move, he heard footfalls linger around him. He couldn't open his eyes, as if he was paralyzed. His hand clutched the snow harder, till they fell numb. A voice was sounding.  A warm hand touched his face. A familiar voice was chanting.

 The warm hand let go of his face and grabbed his suit jacket and unbuttoned it. Moore felt a cold rush of wind blow threw his shirt. Then went his long sleeve shirt. His bare chest showed scars and pain. A man hollered, words unfamiliar to Moore's ears.

 The man's cold hands touching his chest. Then his neck. The sound of metal clinking ran threw Moore's ears. The man yelled something, Moore couldn't make out what he had said. The cold metal touched his chest. A sharp zap ran through his body, making Moore's body jolt. The man touched his neck again. He yelled something. The metal touched his chest again a sharper pain ran threw his body. All word's came in sight.

"Clear." The man yelled

NO! I am alive!

The pedals touched his chest, a zap ran through his body, merely making Moore's body jolt straight up. Moore take's a deep breath in. The man touched his neck. A deep sigh came from the ones around.

"He's back."

 Four Days Later: 

 He didn't know how many hour's have passed, even days. He did not know. He hadn't open his eye's not even once. As he laid there listening to the clock tick, the door swung open.

Moore opens his eyes slowly, revealing a face once seen before. His eyes widened more.

"John." He adds with a chuckle " Flew all the way up here from California?"

John Zaffis smiled and pulled up a chair beside Moore's bed. He slightly nodded his head.

"Why would't I?" He raises his eye brows "Are you alright?"

Moore swallows "Yeah I'm fine."

"Uh I wasn't in Cali, I was in the village."

" You where why?"

"Melody called me."

Moore rolls his eyes. "She did."

"Cause she called Meghan and told her."

"That's why you're here?"

"To take care of the boys?"

"Well." He paused and leaned in. "Now that your incapable, then that would be a yes."

"I'm not senial."

"Moore why did you always have to be so territorial."

Moore chuckles to himself. He rubs his head, realizing his hair was cut down to the scalp. He winces, while he glides over the stitches on the back of his head.

"Devin. You need help." John leans back in the chair. "You're not alright."

"That's why I'm in the hospital. Right?"

John stands up quickly. " I can barely look at you, and every time I do." John hesitated " Devin I can't see your pain." John shakes his head.

"Your family is worried. I'm worried."

Moore smirks. "Why the fuck would you be worried? You know I still don't forgive you."

John shoots him an doleful look. "You don't think guilt swells in my gut."