OUR kids

Im so so so sorry that I didnt update. I was really busy

HAYMITCH'S POV

"PEETA!" Katniss screams at Peeta

I dont even fully know what is going on. I just woke up to Katniss screaming my name. But when my vision finally comes through I understand completely whats going on.

Peeta.

Thats whats wrong. His eyes roll back and his shaking increases by the second. Ive never seen him like this before. Ive seen many flashbacks, but not like this.

I quickly get up from the chair and speed towards Katniss, trying to get a response out of Peeta, but failing. 

"Haymitch...H-hospital....n-n-now!" She screams. I nod, but we have got to get him out of the restraints first. I dont know where the key is. He put himself in the chair. He insisted on being in it. 

"Katniss, where is the key?" I ask hoping she might know.

"I dont kno-...wait!" She says and digs around in Peetas trouser pockets and sure enough there is was. We unlock them quickly and I see the full blow that a flashback can have on him. His wrists are red raw and bleeding. But thats the least of out worries.

I quickly pick him up and run to the hospital seeing as it is only around the corner. I get looks from everyone, but I just block them out. Im guessing Katniss is following behind me. I havent looked around to check because Peeta is main priority.

I may not express this very often but I do very much love Peeta and Katniss. Eventhough they are a pain in my ass sometimes, but there are still like a son and daughter to me.

I scream out when I run through the doors for help and doctors and nurses rush out and take Peeta off me. Katniss try to follow, and thats when I notice she brought the twins, but they push her back and I grab her and take her to the waiting room. Iknow there is nothing more we can do.

Peeta lays in the hands of the hospital. Katniss just sobs into my shoulder for hours. Or at least it feels like hours, with Primrose on my lap and Finnick on hers.

~~ 4 Hours later ~~

KATNISS'S POV

Haymitch lets me sob into his shoulder for ages until a doctor comes up to us "Katniss Mellark?" 

I stand up with Finnick, who looks around dumbfounded. He has know ides what going on. I only brought them because we were in a rush and if something did happen to Peeta, then he should have his family there, even if he doesnt know they are.

"Yes" i say and Haymitch stands up.

"Hello im Doctor Treadwell, im Peetas doctor

"How is he?" I ask frantically

"He is a stable condition. His wrists were badly bruised and cut, so we cleaned and bandaged them up. Now what he experienced before was a type of fit" I feel my throat close up. Peeta had a fit. Thats another thing he had because of me.

The doctor senses im distressed and carries on "But dont worry. This fit was a sign of his memory coming back (A/N Sorry if this sounds stupid). It shows that is brain is having to cope with all these new thoughts and memories, so he had a fit so he could cope."

"Everything that happened before this is still in his head and he should remember a bit more. So this is nothing to worry about." He reassures me

I nod "Thank you so much Doctor Treadwell" I say and shake his hand, because he offered it.

"Dont be, I just did my job"

"Can we see him?" Haymitch asks

"Yes, but he is still unconsious. He should wake up in around10 minutes So I will show you to his room." I nod and we follow him to Peeta. I open the door and there he is, asleep on a bed. I walk up to him and hug him.

I feel so happy hes alright. Maybe this could have been for the better in some way, eventhough It sounds cruel to have him go through this to get his family back.

The doctor leaves us alone and so does Haymitch after he has picked up Finnick out of my arms "I got them, dont worry" He says leaving.

I really thank 'haymitch for always being there for me and Peeta. Just then he starts to stir. And soon enough his eyes open to reveal beautiful sprakling orbs. I smile and so does when he sees I am.

Ahh, Is my Peeta back. "Hey Katniss" He says sounding really hoarse and scratchy.

I pass him a glass of water and I say "Hey Peeta"

He drinks and I put it back on the side. I turn back to him.

"What happened?" He asks

"Do you remember anything?" I ask

"I remember  us talking about the rebellion and what happened to me during it, about how we broke out the arena, my torture and hijacking,me strangling you, again im sorry about that. Um and Finnicks and Annies wedding, our conversation about favourite colours and breaking into the Capitol. I remember talking about all that"

WHAT??? we didnt even talk about half of that. Does that mean he remembers all of that now?

"Anything else?" I ask hopefully

"Um...how you lead us to the Capitol being overthrown, um...and how you shot Coin not Snow. Also that after the rebellion you were sent back to 12 because you were deemed as mentally ill, eventhough I didnt think that was true. I also remember one more thing but I dont hink you want me to say it."

What could he mean? but who cares? He remembered all of that!! Im so happy

"Dont worry just tell me" i say

"Well..I uh remember Prim passing on" He says.

That brought a tear to my eye. He said it so nicely. Most people would say 'she died' or 'shes gone' or 'Passed away' But he said so nicely, like Peeta would because he is so good with words. This is my Peeta

"Im sorry I even said anything Katniss" He says

"No dont worry" I say wiping it away. He gives me a look as if he knows im lying, but he doesn't say anything

"How did I end up here?" He asks looking around the room.

"You had a really strong flashback" I say. Its true, he did. That might not be the reason he is here but he doesn't need to know

"I didn't hurt you did I?" He asks worried

I smile "No dont worry you didnt" I say

He looks at his wrists and looks confused "Wh-" He starts but I cut in

"You had two flashbacks, after the first one you wanted to be put in restraints and when the other one came, it seems you cut yourself badly" i smile

So does he, this in some strange way seems perfect.

Then Haymitch comes in with Primrose and Finnick and Peetas smile fades.

"Whats wrong?" I ask

"Nothing" I can tell he is lying

"No its not what is it?"

He takes a long pause thinking about his answer. I can tell he is trying to pick the right words. 

"I know your probably going to hate me for saying this but I just...can help but wish Primrose and Finnick were our kids and not yours and someone elses" He says looking down

This breaks my heart. I cant believe he only remembers certain things and one of them isnt OUR kids.

He doesn't remember that their his kids

Hope you liked it!!!

sorry its a bit short and not good. But I promise it will get better.

“Truth is still absolute. Believe that. Even when that truth is hard and cold, and more painful than you've ever imagined. And even when truth is more cruel than any lie.”

So as always please leave comments because I would love feedback and please keep voting!! xx

Thanks for reading xxx :P