The Pearl

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I will try as hard as I can to update as fast as I can, but with school, its hard to do it every other day. Sorry xx

Enjoy the new chapter !!! xx :P

KATNISS'S POV

I woke up thrashing around because of my nightmares. The twins are still asleep beside me. Again, like most mornings, have the sudden urge to vommit. I run to the bath room and let it all out.

It still feels weird not having someone there to hold back my hair. I feel like im just going to be longing for him to come home to me until he does. And until then I will have to learn to cope without him. Its so hard.

After I finish, I check the twins are fine and asleep. I quickly hop in the shower. The twins wake up about 15 minutes after Im out and start jumping on the bed. I get dressed and start softly jumping with them, holding their little hands.

I look out my window for a second and see Peeta staring through his window, at me with Prim and Finn and smiling at us. As soon a he sees me he diverts his eyes and doesn't know what to do.

He swiftly turns his body to make a hastily exit when he get caught on something and tries to go the other way and ends up falling over. I think he was embaressed. I couldn't help but smile at him.

A few seconds later he gets up smiles and runs away. I turn my attention back to the twins who are smiling at me, when all of a sudden they try to jump onto me. They fail and fall back on the bed. I thought they were hurt until they start giggling. I join them laying on th bed,

They get on top of me and I start tickling them. The go crazy with laughter. I stop after a while and they start jumping some more around me. I turn my head to the side and smell Peeta.

His pillows still smell like him. The smell of bread, cinimom and twindle. I miss him. I look up back at the kids having fun and all I can think about is that Peeta would have loved to of been here, with them and being one family. but that can happen for a while. I will keep longing for that day.

Eventually the kids get a bit tierd and I take them downstairs for breakfast. I feed them, dress them and pack their things. I take them over to Haymitch's and he takes them in. I stay at Haymitch's for a cup of tea and then return home when the phone rings.

"Hello" I say

"Hi, Its Peeta" He says nervously

He called! Ahh. "Hi Peeta, what do you want?" I say in a very nice voice not trying to sound mean.

"Oh umm. I was wondering where we were meeting today"

"Oh at mine" I was hoping for somthing else

"What are we doing?"

"Watching another video, if thats okay?" I decided to watch the quell

"Yeah thats fine. I'll see you at 1 then"

"Okay bye"

"Bye" And I put the phone down

I go to the kitchen and make myself some dinner. I decide to do pasta with some sauce that Sae made for me yesterday. She dropped it round last night. I grate some cheese as well and eat it quickly.

Peeta comes around  at 1 on the dot bearing bread with him. He hands it to me and tells me he just loves baking and cant stop. I tell him he was like that before. He frowns when he does because he cant remember anything and I just reminded him.

I only know what hes thinking because I can read him like an open books sometimes. But only sometimes. We go over to the sofa and I put on the tele then the video. I pause it before it starts and turn to Peeta

"This video is of the second hunger games we went into together. Its a special one becuase its a quell. Every 25 years the hunger games have an annerversery games, everyone is different in a special way and this one was specail by making tributes be selected by the pool of existing tributes." I say

He nods and I play it. It shows the reapings and it brings a tear to my eyes again because she is on screen screaming my name. Eventually it showeed the arena and it showed me looking shaken up. I dont relise why until I recall the memory of the room below the arena.

Cinna. He was brutaly beaten to death. He didnt deserve it at all. It only happened because of me. That is yet another thing that happened because of me and If  I didnt exist all those innocent people wouldn't have died. I hate myself.

If I didnt exist Peeta would have been tortured by the Capitol and Gale, he wouldn't have been hijacked, he wouldnt have been forced into two hunger games and have a girl he loved fake being in love with him. He also wouldn't have forgot his memory.

I turn my attention back to the screen and Peeta is about to walk into the forcefield. I grab a pillow and hide my face.  Peeta looks at me confused and then turns back to the screen. As soon as he hit the forcefield I squeal a bit and Peetas eyes grow wide.

I hate this part. I have nightmares about it. That Finnick never succesfully started his heart again and he died right there. I would have died right there as well.

I didn't think I was in love with him then but I now relise I was but just didn't know it. I knew I cared alot for him and had feelings for him, but I wasn't sure they were love. 

I look at the screen until he is breathing again. I could hear my screams on screen but I couldn't watch. I began to watch again and the sceen when were on the beach comes on. I smile because Peeta gave me the pearl, which is now my wedding ring, and that was when we shared a beautiful passionate kiss.

I see Peeta smile when we kiss as well, but he tries to hide it. He fails but I let him think I didnt see. Eventully the part of the quell I was dreading came up. The moment  I blew up the forcefield. As soon as I did it, caous  broke out. I looked away. I didnt want to see the last pictures of Peeta before he was hijacked.

When it is finished, I pull the pillow down so I could see Peeta. His eyes grew wide when the screen went black. He was about to ask something when I said "Peeta, I know you will have so many questions and its already.." I look at the clock "9 and by the time the questions finish it will be very very late. All I ask is that can we talk tomorrow?"

 The games were on for ages, the video was so long. I asked this when we watched the hunger games and he has the same reaction but says "Okay but can I ask one question?"

"Okay"

"Where is the peral I gave you?" 

That was not the question I expected "Ive still got it in the house" i say thruthfully but not explaining the part where It was made into a ring and he gave it to me at our wedding. He still doesn't know about the marriage.

"Okay" He says and looks down, then gets up to leave. We walk ou the front door. He goes to his house while I go to get the twins. I collect them and walk back to the house. I play with them for about an hour until they are tierd

 I put the to bed and decide to make myself some late night dinner because I haven't had foof since before Peeta came over. Im starving.

I make Carbonara sauce, bacon, chicken and taggligtellie. Its one of my favourite meals, apart from Lamb stew with dried plums that Peeta makes for me sometimes on a special occasions. I only make a small bowl of it before eating it and going to bed.

Before I fall asleep I think about the pearl. When he gave it to me, what it means to me and when he gave it to at the wedding.  I fall asleep eventually, but not to th nice thoughts from before, but the horrors of my past.

Hope you liked it !!

'"What you do doesn't define who you are, it's up there, that makes up who you are" again he tapped my head'

Thanks for reading