Stairs

Im sooo sorry I haven't updated lately.  I had this 60th party thing for my uncle and 4 other people and it went on until like 2 am. But heres the next chapter....

PEETA'S POV

The front door bell at the bakery goes, so I stand up and go to the front. Before I even have a chance to get a look at him, but I think he looks familiar, Im on the floor bleeding.

I look up and I know who he is and that face brings back nightmares. Again before I can register whats going on, black spots dance into my vision. Everything in blurry. I try to get up but slip and fall again.

How can I be so vulnerable to this man again, even when Im in district 12 in my bakery. The figure walks towards me and kicks me in the stomach and cough up blood. The door behind me opens and screams.

They run after the man and he runs away after a punch or two he has received. The person who Im sure is Katniss screams my name and runs to my side and  completely black out.

~~ 4 hours later ~~

I wake up with Katniss staring down at me. Her grey Seam eyes locking with mine that are so beautiful. Iv'e got a pounding headache and I groan in pain. I try to move my hand to my head but its trapped my Katniss squeezing the life out of my in a tight hug.

She notices my pain and discomfort and releases me. I didn't mind the hug because shes with me. "Peeta, Im so glad your okay, I was so scared"

"Im fine, where are Prim and Finn? Are they okay?" I say in the most raspy voice I have ever used which was barely audible. 

"Yh they are fine, Haymitch is with them. Im more worried about you" She says kissing me

"Im fine"

"Do you know who it was who did this? I didn't recognise him" She asks really worried

"Sadly yes, He helped with beating me when I was kidnapped by Gale" i say. I really want to get the image of him out of my head. He was the worst at beating me, he gave the most painful amounts of torture out of him, Gale and James. 

I never found out his name, I was a bit preoccupied by being beat and trying to stay strong for Katniss, even though I did give up in the end.

I cant believe he still hasn't been caught, but I suppose thats what you get for not telling anyone what happened to me, not even the police.

Katniss gives me a sad look and kisses me on the forehead.

"Im sorry Peeta, I promise he wont come back to hurt you again" She says. I know she means well but nothing can stop him.

"Its not me im worried about"

"Peeta, the twins and me will be fine. We will protect the twins and I dont need protecting"

"Katniss, you do and I worry about you"

"Im fine okay, are you because you did just blackout"

"Im fine Katniss, I just need to sleep" 

"Okay I'll come too" She teases helping me to my feet.

"Good" I tease back "I need a drink Katniss, I'll be right back" 

"No, you just go up to bed, i'll get you it" Shes say guiding me to the stairs. When Im at the bottom I begin walking up them and Katniss goes off into the kitchen.

About three quarters of the way up the stairs, I start to feel dizzy. I grab the banister for support but I cant seem to get any grip on it. I make my way up the next step and miss it, but I regain my balance.

Who knew climbing stairs was so hard. I make my way up 2 more steps without slipping when I see black spots in my vision.

I shake my head, to try and get rid of the feeling in my head, but it makes it worse. I feel sick. It looks like everything is moving and Im seeing double from my perspective.

I lift my foot, that feels like a tonne of bricks, and I trip up and slip. I fall down and hit my head on the step, hard. I dont fall all the way down the stairs, just a few steps. I stagger back on to my feet and continue up the stairs.

I lift another foot and miss the step again and go tumbling down the stairs and pass out from the pain and impact from hitting the ground.

Hope you liked it even though the first bit is a bit weird to me.

Thanks for reading xx :p