The appointment

PEETA'S POV 

Its weird to think about it, but I cant deny  it anymore. I try to but I know she already has someone. I know that they have left but will be back soon. These thoughts should be forbidden in my brain.

I mean shes only spending time with me to help me, probably because she pity's me. But a part of me thinks she could feel something between us aswell, but I could never admit them.

I cant build myself up at the knowledge something could happen, only to get shot down and ruin our friendship.

But the way her hair is so tightly wrapped around into a braid, falls onto her shoulders and shines whenever the sun bounces off it, makes me have butterflies. its strange, but I cant control it.

Also I have only known her, of which I can properly remember, about 4 or 5 weeks. You cant develop proper feelings as strong as these are that are true within a few weeks.

I also couldn't help but think that the guy carrying Prim away at the reaping was the man she was having a relationship with. The way she said that he died and that she couldn't talk about it just makes me think she had feelings for him.

I shouldn't dwell on it though because she doesn't have any feelings for me. Iv'e  been sat in the same place for ages now, that its almost time to go see Katniss. Im about to get up to get ready when the phone rings. I pick it up

"Hello?" i ask

"Hi Peeta, Its Katniss" He voice is beautiful, Snap out of it Peeta!!!

"Hi Katniss"

"Hi I was just calling to say that I cant meet today at our normal time. We could meet later If you want but If you dont we can just meet tomorrow and forget about today?" She says

Man. I was really looking forward to spending time with her. I had just become accustomed to wanting to be with her a lot. Im the morning I long for the time when we meet .

"Oh okay, we can just meet tomorrow. What are you doing today?" I ask

"Okay and Ive got a hospital appointment" She says

"Oh are you alright? Has somthing happened?" Im worried now

"no nothing like that, its just a check up" somthing in her voice she that she i lying but I dont press her because she obviously doesn't want me to know and i wouldn't want to annoy her.

"Okay, Ill see you tomorrow" I say

"Okay, bye" She says and hangs up.

I huff and slouch back on the sofa hoping that Katniss's 'check up' all goes swimmingly.

KATNISS'S POV

I had to lie to Peeta yet again and say I was having a check up. I feel horrible. Im actually going there to have an ultrasound and run some tests on me. I dont want to go without Peeta, but thats the way life has panned out, I suppose.

I walk out of my house having already dropped the kids with Haymitch and walk towards the hospital. Mum told me she was on the 6 th floor and to just ask for her at the reception desk. She said they would be expecting me and would point me towards her office.

So I do, I walk through the doors and get into the lift. The doors are about to close when someone puts their hand between the doors making them open and he steps in. I look up at him, but before i have even made eye-contact, I think of who it is.

Pine and bread. thats all I smell. I imeediatly think Peeta. But when I look up I see Haymitch, looking into my eyes and smile sheepishly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"Well I knew you going in today (Meaning the hospital) and I thought you might need some support, even If im not Peeta." He smiles and looks down. "I know that you just want Peeta, but I thought I might be able to be here for you until he is."

"Thanks Haymitch" I say and hug him. "Wheres Prim and Finnick?"

"They are with Sae, she was more than happy to look after them for a while"

"Can I ask you something and dont laugh?" I say and he nods.

"Do you think Im a bad parent?" His eyes grow wide and pull me into a hug. I do think I am a bad parent.

"No, dont ever think that. your a great parent. Why do you think you are?"

"Because I not with them all the time and they haven't see  Peeta in like over a month and Im scared that they will forget about him" I sob into Haymitch's shirt.

"You do all of that to help them. They cant see Peeta because of his memory and I have the kids a lot so you can help Peeta, to get your family back together.So dont think you are a bad parent and dont worry they wont forget Peeta"

I sniffle a bit and pull away from Haymitch, thank him and then the doors open to the 4th floor and I walk out with Haymitch closly following behind. I know on mums door and she says come in.

I walk through with Haymitch behind me and we sit down. "Oh hello Haymitch, I didn't expect to see you here today" Mum says

"Well, I thought I might be of some use to Katniss" He says

"Okay, can you sit on the bed Katniss so I can runs some tests?" Mum asks, I nod and sit on the bed while Mum runs some tests like blood pressure and stuff. It takes a while then she says

"Okay, well Katniss can you lie down here please and lift your shirt so I can give you an ultrasound" Mum says and I get on to the bed and do as Im told.

She put the cold blue jelly on my tummy and uses this device and a picture comes onto screen. Its just like it was when I had the twins ultrasound. After a while mother says "it all looks fine from this view, but I will have to look at the test results, Ill be back in a minute" and walks out of the room after cleaning my belly.

Haymitch looks at me but I cant decifer what it is "It will ll be okay Katniss, dont worry"

I know he is trying to help but I need Peeta and Im scared to death to do it alone 

"I know you are, but Peeta will be with you by then" Haymitch says. I said that out loud??? "Yes you did?" Damn It!! I need to stop.

Haymitch laughs at me and  I smile. I suppose he is helping in some way. Mum walks back in with a smile on her face. She sits down opposite me 

"Katniss, you are definatly pregnant with A baby"

"Okay, well If you take one of these once a day, just to make sure that you dont get the illness from your last pregnacy. Now it wont completly stop it from coming 100% but I will help prevent it, so you still need to take it easy." I nod and she gives me some pills.

"Thank you mum" I say and hug her.

"Its alright Katniss, dont worry and im happy to help" Mum replies still in the hug.

I pull out of the hug "Do you want to know the gender of the baby?"She asks.

I dont know what to do. I really dont. Peeta never wanted to know the twin gender, but I did. Peeta was so happy that we had Prim, obviously Finnick as well, but he said he always wanted a baby girl.

"Yh" I say in a small voice.

"Okay well Katniss, it seems your going to have a..

OHH CLIFFHANGER (ISH)

GUESS WHAT GENDER YOU THINK THE BABY WILL BE.

Hope you liked it !! :P

'Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game'

Thanks for reading xx