NSN Chapter 3

(Gold's POV)

I had barely walked into the office when the phone rang. 

"Hello, Gold." Regina waltzed in like she owned the place. 

I held up a finger. "Kendra?" I answered my secretary.

"Sir. Regina is here." 

I rolled my eyes. "I can see that." I placed the receiver in the cradle and turned to Regina. "Hello, Dearie. To what do I owe this pleasure?" I gestured for her to sit. 

She glanced at the seat but remained standing. "I'll be quick. Stay away from her." 

What? That was not what I was expecting. "Her? I'm not sure of whom you're speaking, Miss Mills." 

She rolled her eyes. "The 'cute brunette' that works at the bookstore across the street." She looked at me then continued. "What was her name? Margie? Verna?"

"Belle." I stated.

"Right." She looked a tad annoyed. "Well, her friend seemed aweful determined to get you two together." She picked up the book I had purchased earlier and shook it a bit. A slip of paper fell out as she did. "My, my. What's this?" 

Regina picked up the paper and read out: "Belle's numbers is 555-7143....  call her." She sat the paper on the desk. "While it's obvious you had no idea that was in there, I don't believe you were completely innocent in Ruby's illusion. An illusion that you were interested in her friend." 

She walked towards the door. "You'll want to be careful, Gold. Love is weakness." Then she walked out. Slamming the door with such force the glass window shattered.