NSN Chapter 10

(Gold's POV)

Pulling up to my driveway, I pass Ruby on the way. Amazing... By the hour Belle will know of my arrival. I glance at Ruby to see her typing wildly on her phone. Make that within the minute.

Walking into my kitchen, I remembered when I had almost kissed Belle in here, then in her shop. I allowed myself to imagine what would have happened if I kissed her. Would I be waking up next to her like I imagined that morning? Seeing her with rustled hair, voice husky? I collapse into a chair. No, idiot. You were supposed to forget about her and now after a year away you're no better off.

You are weak. One pretty face, a kind smile and you're sold. This is why I needed the year away. I would have stayed longer, but I need to get back to my job. Entering my bedroom, I lay down on the bed. Fully clothed, I just laid there. On shifting positions, I heard my bell... My Belle. My doorbell goes off yet again. I slowly climbed out of bed and opened the door to find young Henry on my door step.

"Hi Henry, what can I do for you?" I stepped aside and gestured for him to come in. Walking over to my chair, I sit down, while he stays across from me on the couch.

"It's more what I'm going to do for you." He set a book on the table.

"And that is?" 

He smiled. "I'm going to help you get your memories back." 

I looked at him mildly curious. "My memories are fully intact, I assure you." 

He opens the book anyways. "You and Belle belong together. She's Belle from Beauty and the Beast and well, you're...." 

I finished for him. "And I'm the beast." 

He seemed a bit embarrassed. "Well... Yes. You're Rumplestiltskin." At the mention of my name my eyes snapped close and my memories projected themselves on the back of my eyelids.

My coward father, learning to spin and the seerer. Bae, Milah, and Hook. Belle, oh Belle. The Queen telling me she was dead, and the pain I felt. When I realized I truly had loved her and never got the chance to tell her. "Bell...." I strained out.

"Do you remember?" Henry asked me excitedly.

"Yes, I do... I do remember. I am Rumplestiltskin and I'm going to win back Belle's heart." I said smiling the smile that had fairies running to their homes in fear.