NSN Chapter 5 Part 2

I had barley unlocked the door to my apartment when my phone beeped. I opened it to see a text message from an unknown number. 

Join me for a picnic in the park tomorrow at 3 -Gold.

I smiled then saved his number to my contacts before finally texting back. 

Sounds great, meet you there -BF

For the next thirty minutes I couldn't stop smiling. As soon as my phone rang I jumped up and answered it. "Hello." I breathed into the phone. 

"It's Ruby and I have some questions. Firstly, why were you at Gold's house? And secondly, why are you grinning like a freak?" 

I glanced around untill I spotted Ruby at my fire escape. I opened the window and let her in before falling onto my bed. "I need every single detail from the moment you left the diner." 

I glanced at he.r "I, uh, fell and Gold took care of my cuts. Then we almost kissed, and Emma drove me home." I said very quickly. 

"Wait, you almost what... what stopped you?" I sighed then gestured to the picture of Emma and I on my dresser. "Emma? What'd she do?" Ruby glared down my picture.

"She rang the doorbell." I shrugged. 

"No, this is not okay. I'm going to kill her." She grabbed my phone out of my hand and before I could react, she flipped it open and just stared. 

"No I-" I reached for the phone and she jerked it away.

"-have a date with Gold." Ruby squealed.