NSN Chapter 4

(Gold's POV)

Getting into my car, I sighed when another wave of pain shot up my leg. Easing the rest of the way in, I put my gold Cadillac into drive. I took off down the street like I actually had somewhere to be. In reality, I was just driving around the street til I decided to head home. This was something I did normally, but usually I didn't drive by Granny's so much that it is only my fourth time. 

Now I found myself staring at the door of the diner so much, I almost didn't see that someone was in the road until I was a foot away, slamming on the brakes. I stopped about an inch from their face. 

Getting out of my car, I limped to the front. I had to check on whoever this idiot was. 

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking and..." That voice. "Fell and..." She looked up at me and my heart began to attempt to leap out of my mouth. 

"Oh, it's okay. As long as your alright." 

Even she looked shocked at the words that had tumbled out of my mouth. "I'm fine, thank you." She got up and started to walk away. 

"At least let me take care of those cuts!" I gestured towards the car. 

She glanced at her arm, then at the car rather reluctantly. "Okay," She got in. "Thank you." I smiled at her. "Where are we going?" She asked in her sweet melodic voice. 

Wait, focus Gold. "To my house, I have an extensive first aid kit there." 

She smiled. "How are you enjoying the book?" 

I glanced at her. "It's wonderful. You were right, I can't put it down." 

She laughed. "Neither could I!" 

I smiled "You read it?" 

She grinned even wider. "Yes and I loved it! Especially because of how the author represents love..." 

I glanced at her. "And how did the author represent it?" 

She thought for a second. "Well, to me, love- love is layered. A... a mystery to be uncovered. And to have someone else understand that is just..." She sighed. "It's magnificent." 

Wow. That was beautiful and... familiar. "That's lovely." 

She blushed. "So what's your favorite part so far?" She glanced at me, then went back to looking out the window. 

"The bit that your friend added." I said quiet.