NSN Chapter 6

(Gold's POV)

After grabbing the picnic basket, I lay the box of sandwiches in it. I then attempted to reached for the bottle of cider, but before I could the doorbell went off.

"I swear, I'm having that damn thing removed." I muttered to myself. I looked through the peephole to see Granny on my doorstep. I opened the door and almost immediately felt a hard sting on my cheek. She slapped me! 

"Stay away from Belle, asshole! She's sweet and way to good for the likes of you!"

"Mr. Gold ... Ryan!" Belle waved her hand in front of my face.

"I'm sorry, what?" I smiled sheepishly at her. 

"I asked how your morning went." She smiled. 

"Oh, it was very uneventful." I smirked "As I'm guessing Miss Ruby's was." 

Belle looked around. "Why do you say that?" 

I pointed up. "She's been watching our whole date." The word date pretty much sealed my fate, but I'm surprised to find that with Belle I don't mind.  

"Ah..." Ruby fell about a foot from our picnic. "Ruby!" Belle rushed over to her. "Are you okay?!" 

"Um yeah, but bye!" She then ran away, fast. 

"God, Ruby." Belle muttered. She turned to me. "I'm sorry this is wonderful, I hate to do this but I need to check on her and...." She trailed off. 

I stood and held out her coat so she could shrug it on. "It's okay, I understand." 

She turned around and hugged me. "Thank you." She pecked me on the cheek and before I could react, she turned and ran after her friend.