Not So Normal Chapter 1

"Do you promise to stay with me forever?" My son looked up at me with his big brown eyes.

"Yes Bae, of course." I pulled the blanket over him and turned out the light, slowly walking out. Since his mother ran off without him, Bae has asked me that same question every night.

*Knock knock*.

I opened the door to find the devil herself smirking at me. "Michele." I nodded at her.

"Ryan, I'm here for my son." She smirked even wider upon seeing my facial expression, if that was even possible.

"Bae... No." I was near tears.

"Mama?" Bae was standing at the top of the stairs.

"Hi, Bailey." Michele suddenly became kind.

"You're going to be staying with your mother for a bit, son." One of the CPS guys announced to Bae.

"But papa you can't break our promise!" He looked at me.

"I'm sorry Bae, I have no choice." Rather quickly, Michele picked him up and walked out of the house with a crying Bae. 

"Bae, no!!" I sat up panting. It was just a dream. "I'm sorry, Bae." Picking up my cane, I limped to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of whiskey and used it to chase down a pill. Knowing I'll never get back to sleep, I decided to get to work on the case I had.

 While opening it, I thought to myself, looks like Miss Regina Mills is now fighting over custody with our newest town member Miss Emma Swan. Not worth my time. I may as well head into the office.  Seven AM isn't too early, and maybe I can stop by Mysterious Love the Book Store and find a good book to read during the uneventful parts of the day.