Chapter 12: Two sides of the same coin

Error came back into the anti-void after a while, covered in dust and holding a new human soul. He snapped his fingers and strings came down from the ceiling, wrapping around the soul tightly and pulling it up out of sight to join the rest of his "collection." Error smiled as he watched it disapear. Welp, that was one more filthy abomination destroyed.

With that out of the way, he plopped down on the ground, taking his knitting needles out and putting on his large, round, circular glasses. He started to knit to pass the time as he waited for Fresh to get back, humming quietly to himself as he worked.

As he continued to knit, he kept thinking back to those three words that Fresh had said. There was no way the parasite had meant that, but...it still made him ridiculously happy to think back on it. It was almost pathetic how his heart skipped a beat, how his corrupted soul filled with warmth...

Error hated himself for how much he loved Fresh. He knew well that Fresh couldn't feel the same, he knew that the parasite was probably only using him, he knew that he was being stupid and delusional, but he just couldn't help it. The goofy and grossly endearing way he talked, his teasing remarks, the happiness in his voice when he would talk about stupid 90's crap that didn't make any sense while he cuddled closely against Error...

Error was in love. And Fresh was still...well...Fresh...

"Hey, brah! Whatcha makin?" A voice asked cheerfully from behind him.

Error yelped, dropping his knitting needles with a start as he turned to face the intruder. It took him a moment to realize it was only Fresh. The parasite was obviously not possessing Ink anymore, now sporting his usual bright colorful jacket, purple shirt, orange basketball shorts, hat, and heelies. The only difference was a multicolored scarf wrapped around his neck. He was probably possessing a Sans from a genocide run.

When Fresh saw Error, he snickered to himself, grinning. "Nice glasses, bro." He teased him.

Error just rolled his eyes. "Thanks. I need them to see." He retorted grumpily, taking them off and putting them away.

Fresh pouted as he sat down next to Error. "Aw... But you look cute with them, dude! You should totes wear them more often."

Error blushed a bit. "Ugh... No way. I look stupid with them on." He protested.

Fresh scoffed. "I don't think so, bro. Besides, that isn't saying much. You always look stupid."

Error glared at him. "Wow. Thanks for that." He replied in slight annoyance.

"No problem, dude!" Fresh said cheerfully.

Error rolled his eyes, going back to his knitting, but after a moment, he looked at Fresh curiously. "So, what happened with Ink? You didn't do anything too bad, did you?"

Fresh grinned, adjusting his hat. "Well, I didn't kill him at least. That's all that I promised. I left that lame dude in Underswap when I went to all up and find a new host though, so hopefully our Blueberry bro found him before he bit the dust. It was wicked fun possessing him though. I know he had a rad time for sure."

"Well, you probably scarred him for life, but at least he survived." Error grumbled.

Fresh laid across his lap, grinning up at him as he booped Error's nose. Or at least the place where Error would have a nose if he wasn't a skeleton. "Yo, bro, what'd you expect? Scarring people for life is what I do!" He chirped.

"Heh. Yeah, I know." Error responded with a smile, leaning down and kissing him.

When Error pulled away, there was a light violet blush on Fresh's cheeks. The parasite quickly recovered though, putting his hands behind his head with his usual grin on his face, still laying in Error's lap. "So, what's the deal with this Ink homie anyways? Who is he?"