Epilogue

"Can you zip up my dress?" I asked Alli as I looked at myself in the mirror. Admiring the beautiful long dress. Today was an important day.

"Done." Alli says and I thank her.

"Are you girls ready? You know the boys are really impatient," my mom say from the door.

"Are you ready?" Alli asks me.

"I should be the one asking you that." I chuckle.

"Yeah but I mean because you know who is going to be there and I don't want you to feel uncomfortable," she says.

"Don't worry about me, this is your big day!" I say and we both squeal like little girls.

I take a breath in and let it out. I'm ready. Right?

Alli, me and the rest of the bridesmaids come out. Alli meets with her dad, I meet with Reece and the girls with their dates.

"Wow." He whispers.

"You look... stunning." He continues.

"Well, you don't look so bad yourself." I tel him.

We both chuckle. He folds his arm and motions for me to put mine around it. I do as suggested. We go to the front of the church and he lets me go.

"I'm gonna go sit, you're going to look beautiful up there, and if he says anything that makes you uncomfortable, tell me. Okay?" Reece tells me.

I nod. Even though I wasn't going to tell him anything.

My heart starts beating faster as I walk towards him. Behind Alli and his dad. I was the maid of honor and he was the best man. Of course, I was the bride's best friend and he was the groom's best friend.

"Hey." He whispered.

I just smiled at him.

"How've you been?" He asks. I don't answer. Keeping my face to the floor.

"So, you're not talking to me? Okay." He says. I can see his frown from the corner of my eye.

"I'm so-" I am cut off by the music playing. It was time. I put my hand on his arm. My stomach turns at the heat of his body through the suit. He looks so... professional. Yeah, that's right. Professional. Hot you mean. He looks hot, that's what you think. Don't deny it Destiny. You're having dirty thoughts about him. Shut up!

"What?" He whispers.

I shake my head, "Nothing."

"I finally get to hear that beautiful voice of yours." He says.

*Brennen's P.O.V.*

She looks so beautiful in that dress. She took my breath away. All I wanted to do was kiss her but she was with Reece. Were they dating? Yeah, of course they were. After 2 years, I was still in love with her. She was all I thought about, day and night. Sober and drunk. She was always on my mind, but it's obvious I wasn't on her's.

"Are- are you and um Reece- uh like you know... dating?" I ask.

"What? No! I just needed a date for the wedding and I asked him. I wouldn't date him." She said.

"Good." I whispered.

"But so what if we were dating," she says.

That made my heart ache. So what? So what if they were dating? Does she not know that I'm in love with her? Does she think I've completely forgotten about her?

She lets go of me and I look at her. I realize that we are the altar. I go stand next to Sebastian and she stands next to Alli. All I could think of is her in a white dress, smiling so hard that her cheeks start hurting. Me doing the same, in a black suit. Taking in her beautiful self. Standing right in front of me. But that's not going to happen. Not anytime soon at least.
*
"Hey, hey," I whisper to a little boy standing.