Chapter 21

While we were waiting for my mom and the boys to get here, Brennen asked me if I wanted to get something to snack on.

"Bring me a granola bar!" Alli shouted at us from behind.

"And my chips!" Luke shouted.

I nodded at them and hummed to my self. We turned the corner to go into a little store that was in another little waiting room. Once glanced over at the waiting room, I squealed.

"What?" Brennen asked confused and annoyed with just a slight bit of worry. Wow Brennen what if I squealed because I was dying.

"Hey I heard that," he said.

Way to go Destiny, thinking out loud again. (A/n: when your legs don't work like they used to before. Haha sorry I suck bye)

Fortunately, I wasn't dying. Well, kind of. I. Saw. The. Boys.

I didn't say anything back to Brennen and ran to them.

"Hey! You came," I said with a wide grin on my face. Michael looked at me confused and got away from me as far as possible, hugging himself.

"Who are you?" Calum asked. I looked at Ashton with a look that said, "introduce me." But when I looked at him he was looking at me the same way Michael and Calum were. I grabbed him by the arm and took him away from the rest so they wouldn't hear us. So Calum wouldn't hear us.

We stopped and I walked back a few steps.

"Destiny?" I asked Ashton.

"I know who you are I just didn't want Calum to get suspicious, but anyways hey! I'm glad to finally meet you!" He said while hugging me.

I didn't wrap my hand around him. I couldn't. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I tried moving my body trying to tell him that he was hugging me to tight, but he didn't get the hint.

I looked ahead o me and saw Brennen looking for someone or something. He looked over at my direction and his eyes widened in surprise. The emotion quickly being replaced with anger. He started walking faster towards us.

"A-ash-aashtoon," I tried to say.

Brennen was almost catching up to us but suddenly men with cameras started snapping pictures of us. Fuck. Paparazzi.

"Holy shit!"

"Just walk away until they leave and don't say anything to them," Ashton said quietly. I nodded and walked with him.

"Who is she Ashton?"

"Is she your secret girlfriend?"

"What are you doing here in Chicago?"

"Smile for the camera!"

"Ma'am, what's your name?"

"Ashton is she your lover?"

"What about Bryana?"

"Are you cheating on her?"

"Is Brashton over?"

Three words. I hate them. Why do they think that every girl they hang out with or talk to is their girlfriend? Now they're gonna make an article full of bullshit saying that Ashton cheated on Bryana or that he has a new girlfriend. Ugh. I went to the restroom and the boys went inside a store until they left. After our little encounter with the paps Brennen was nowhere to be seen. Where could he have gone?

I unlocked my phone and dialed Brennen's number. The call went straight to voicemail. I decided to call Alli next, she answered on the third ring.

"Destiny! Where are you guys we've been waiting here to almost two hours your mom was expecting to see you right when she got here but you weren't here. Where are you?!" Alli rambled.

"So apparently, the boys were already here when we came and I was talking to Ashton when all of a sudden a group of paps came and started along ridiculous questions. We basically hid until they left and I am currently in the restroom. I don't know if they're still there." I explained.

"Des you in here?" Someone shouted from outside the restroom. And that someone was Brennen.

"The paparazzi is gone, you could come out now," a second voice came which I recognized to be Ashton.

"Alli, we'll probably get there in a few minutes," I said unto the phone.

"Ok, but hurry!"

I hung up and put my phone in my back pocket. I walked towards the exit of the restroom and found Brennen standing there.

"Hey, so abou-"

"I know Ashton explained," he interrupted.

"I'm so-"

"It's fine really," he said hugging me, "just be prepared for all the bullshit on the Internet,"

*
We finally got to the waiting place where we were previously before we encountered all the chaos. We decided that me and Brennen will just go in like nothing happened.

"What took you guys so long? Gosh, I'm hungry lets go," Luke complained turning around heading towards the door.

"Not so fast young man," I said after him.

"We're the same age,"

"I'm trying to sound like a mom ok? Don't judge," I said.

"The only mom here is me," someone said. I turned around to see my mom standing there with a huge grin on her face. I grinned back widely.

"Mom!" I exclaimed running up to her and hugging her. After our little mom daughter moment, I turned back to Luke.

"Anyways, Luke, we have a surprise for you!" I said clapping my hands and smiling at him. He just looked at me dumbfoundedly.

"Surprise? I thought it was your birthday," he said.

"Shut up and enjoy!" I said glaring jokingly at him. I took my phone out of my pocket and texted Ashton telling them to come already. About a minute passed when all I hear is Luke screaming, "oh my god!"

I turned to the boys and saw them smirking, except for Calum whose face was matching Luke's expression. Calum just stood there frozen, while Luke ran up to him and hugged him tightly. We all heard a few 'I missed you's' and maybe even some 'I love you's'. I'm pretty sure there were tears on everyone's eyes. Even the strangers around us had tears.  *smirks*

While they were doing that we all awed, even Sebastian, I know right? Who would've thought.
Calum wrapped a hand around Luke's waist while they walked back to us.

"We're hungry," they both said in unison.

-------------------------------------------------

Ok guys! This is probably one of my favorite chapters so far!

Vote and comment!

-Jackie