Chapter 27

I can't do this anymore. The love of my life, might be dead. All because of me. It's all my fault.

I haven't gone on any social media, knowing all I was going to see. Everyone blaming me for Brennen's disappearance. I don't blame them though, it's true.

I hear a knock on my door.

"I want to be alone," I say weakly but loud enough for the person on the other side to hear.

"Destiny, you have to eat something. You haven't eaten anything for a week," my mom said, the worry in her voice noticeable.

The door creaks open, and my mom pops her head in.

"Honey," she says.

"No mom, I'm not hungry, please go," I say bringing my knees up to my chest.

"You have to get up and eat, you're going to get sick," she say holding my hand but I flinch away.

"Nothing is worse than losing the person you love the most," I said tears welling up in my eyes once again.

"It's all my fault," I continue sobbing.

"It's not your fault," my mom said trying to comfort me, but it didn't work.

"Yes it is! If I would've handled the situation myself, this would've never happened. I love him, mom. I don't think I'll ever stop," I said in between tears.

"He's going to come back," she said walking to the door. Before she left, she turned to look at me and said, "the food is ready, at least try to eat something," and with that she shut the door.

"Ahhhh!" I yelled punching the wall. My knuckles started bleeding but I didn't care. I'd rather die than live with pain. I hate myself for this.

~
After hours, I finally convinced myself I needed to eat something. As much as didn't want to, I didn't want to make my mom even more worried than she already is. I have noticed my skin is pale, and that I have bags under my eyes. I haven't been able to sleep without waking up crying.

I moved my food around in my plate with my fork. I can't eat. Trust me, I try but it just makes me nauseous. I put the food in my mouth and chewed slowly, not feeling like eating any of this. My mom is a great cook, but right now I'm not really feeling it. As soon as I swallowed the food, I ran to the bathroom. I kneeled down in front of the toilet and let out all the substances from my stomach. I sat down and leaned my head against the wall. Maybe I should listen to my mom, go out, walk around for a bit, get some fresh air instead of staying locked in my bedroom. But I can't do anything without thinking about Brennen. Thinking about how I could've saved him.

~
Two months later.

I was packing up to go to college. I got accepted—to the college me and Brennen we're going to. Sadness and guilt washed over my body. I stopped doing what I was doing and went on the App Store. I deleted all social media apps from my phone to prevent me from getting even more depressed. When Twitter was downloaded, I quickly logged in. I saw that I had many notifications and dms. I went to the dms and saw some nice ones telling me to stay strong that he was coming back. And some that just made me want to throw my phone out the window, saying that it was all my fault that he's still missing. But it's true. Not everything is going to be nice in life.

Brennen still hasn't appeared, everyone thinks he's dead, including me, but there also hasn't been any evidence of his death. It's not confirmed. I found out that the building we were in that night, was burned after we left. They found a body, and did DNA tests with Brennen's mom and with me, to figure out if it was Brennen's body or my father's. It turned out that it was my father's, so there was a little part in me that still had hope that Brennen is alive. He has been missing for two months, the hope is slowly fading away.

"Hun, are you okay?" My mom's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, just a little tired," I replied with a fake smile.

"Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded.

"Mom, do you think Brennen is still out there?" I asked.

"There's still hope," she said with a comforting voice. I nodded and continued packing.

~
Once I finished packing my stuff, I gave my mom a tight goodbye hug and a kiss. I waved goodbye as I drove my car out of the driveway. This was going to be a thoughtful ride. The college I was going to was just an hour away from here, so I had plenty of time to think. I am going to live in an apartment with someone I don't even know. I don't know if it's a guy or a girl. All I know is the location, and that I'm going to be paying half of the rent.

I got to my destination and looked for the apartment, which was on the fourth floor. Once j found the correct door, I knocked. The person who opened the door was nonetheless but,

"Alli!" I shouted and jumped in her arms.

"Des! Oh my gosh, it's you!" She said in my arms.

"I missed you so much," I said.

"I missed you, too," she replied. We stayed there for a while until she pulled away and told me to come in. I looked around the apartment and it was quite spacious. I plopped down in the couch in front of the t.v. and waited for Alli to come back. She came back and sat down with two cups of coffee in her hands. She gave me one and took a sip o hers and I blowed on it to cool it down.

"I would've never thought you would be my roommate," she said with a smile in her face.

"Neither did I," I said returning the smile.

----------------------------------------------
Hello, loves! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's a little sad at the beginning but it'll get better, I promise. There's good things coming, so keep reading!

Don't forge to vote, comment & follow me.

Y'all can contact me, the information is in my bio.

Also thank you so much for over 400 votes I love you guys!

-Jackie