6. What I Want

She was utterly, completely and hopelessly in love. And she was willing to break every rule, face every taunt to be with him. Sleep didn't claim her for some time but Sasuke was already asleep on her so she only caressed his hair and face till she dozed off.

********

"Wow, that was quick!"
This was the first thing they heard. The words that woke them up. Sasuke had almost freaked at the sight of Sakura's husband who only chuckled and exited saying "Chill. I'm glad she found you"
"Sakura, wake up. Your husband is here"
"Fuck him". She cursed the man even in her sleep. Wow. What had he done to her?
Thankfully she was covered. He wanted no one else to see her.
"We have work", he reminded shaking her.
"Don wanna, Saassuukeee.. sleeep come.. me like you on top"
He chuckled. "If you wont wake up like this, fine."
He went under the sheets and pulling her legs apart, licked her. "What the-?!" Her eyes fluttered wide open. "Oohh oooo oooohh shit! Sasuke! Stop!"
Too late. He was already turned on. He went up to her lips and locked his own with them.
"You know, men have an affinity for sex in the mornings while women like it at night", he smirked as she blushed. "W-well, of course. I'm a .. oooh.. doctor toooo.. oooh aaah!" His fingers probed her inside and thus began another round of insanity, though muffled.

********

Sakura sat crossing her arms across the table arching a brow at the other man in the house. One she didn't invite. Sasuke stopped in between his egg sandwich to check out who was winning the glaring contest. He was impressed at Sakura's glaring abilities. Almost as good as his own.

"Behave you two. Lets keep it sociable in here.", Linda came from behind and kissed Harry's cheek. Not a movement.

"Okay I give up! I couldn't stand more hospital food. And I can walk and shit by myself so-"

"You're disgusting", Sakura turned away. He grinned.

She finished her sandwich and left with Sasuke.

************

"So, what are we going to do about the bastard in my house?", Sakura asked raising a pointed brow.

Sasuke chuckled lightly before replying, "You have resident duties for the next couple of weeks. After that you could come stay with me"

She looked at him, surprised and blushing.
"With you? Like.. live-in?"

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Yes, Sakura. Like that"

"But Sasuke, doesn't it imply a really serious relationship?"

Sasuke stopped and thought about it. "Isn't that what we are in?"

Sakura smiled widely and leaned over pecking him right on the lips. Too late she realized cafeteria is where gossips are spread like fire. She noted the mixed looks she received for her indiscretion, feeling ridiculously awkward.

**********

After 2 weeks, she had finally settled comfortably into her new home. Her divorce would be finalized by next week. Her to-be-ex was okay with it, of course. Marriage is not a business deal, afterall and he understood that after years of leaving Sakura alone. She still had not forgiven him though she was willing to acknowledge his existence to some extent now at least.

Sasuke liked waking up and finding her there. He liked making love to her. He liked knowing she was only his now.

*************

The board meeting coming up next week would determine their payscale and/or employment status. Everyone had been working quite hard to earn their place on the list.

Sakura lay on the bed, unable to sleep. She was reflecting on how drastically her life had changed since moving to Konoha. It turned out to be a blessing afterall. Her mind drifted off to her memories of her parents who worked hard to raise her and to get her through med school. She was grateful to them from every fiber of her being.
That was the only reason she agreed to marry a man she couldn't love as a husband. And he made sure she wouldn't be bothered to try even. Womanizing and disrespecting her by bringing random girls home and leaving the task of turning them down in her hands the next morning which she never bothered with much except for letting them know what a mistake they made. She came to hate him. And refused to talk to him. Using her financial distress against her in this way to obtain her was just plain wrong. But now, things were finally looking up. After so long of being lonely, she couldn't be more grateful to have found Sasuke. With these thoughts in mind, she drifted off into sleep, smiling just a little.

Little did she know, it was the calm before a storm.

***************

Hiroshi Michaels sat on the couch flipping through channels. Almost a tiny bit glad that their divorce lawyer had to cancel their meeting the following day, where they would finalize everything and she would seperate from him .. possibly forever.
It is not that he wanted her back. In some ways, he did, but it was her friendship he wanted. Nothing more. He was content being with Linda. This was probably his only chance to make up for everything. He feared she'd never turn around to take another look at him and he wanted to change that.

Sakura. I have been very unfair to you, haven't I?, he spoke to himself.
I left you alone. I could see that I was hurting you. I could see that I was making you lonely. I could see you struggling by yourself the whole time. And I just saw. Did nothing for you. I took away much from you. I was selfish. I have no other honest reason to give you. That's why I want you to be free now. If Sasuke can make you happy, then I would never stop you from leaving. I just.. I hope you can forgive me someday. And we can be friends like before. I'll look out for you now as you did for me then.

**************

Sakura was disappointed on hearing she'll have to wait more to get divorced from that bastard. But if Sasuke didn't react, then she mustn't either.

She shut her locker after changing into her regular denims and getting rid of her spoiled, smelly scrubs. Sasuke was her ride since neither had to stay overnight. But when she approached his cabin, she overheard some voices. It sounded like yelling. What was going on? She worriedly opened the door.
How wrong could she be? Yelling? No. Shock registered in her senses as she came face to face with an unsightly event.

There he was. The man who had begun to fill her heart's void.

Kissing someone else.