Three: Good night

I saw him disappear thru the people and just didn't do anything, I was glued to the floor. I felt a soft touch in my arm and turned around to face Matthias.

"Hey, sorry about that. I tried to save you from a terrible dance but you have to admit, 500.000 is a big amount." He said smiling.

"Danke, Mati but you know you didn't have to." I said and started walking with him.

"I know, I know but I believe in our cause and actually I came with the purpose of donate something for it." He said taking a step towards me to face me.

"I thought that maybe a dance with you would be a fun way of doing it."He said smiling.

Matthias has tried to date me several times, and I always have been honest with him, even tho he is really good looking I don't feel the sparks with him, so I tell him that I only see him as a friend.

"Ja, I know, It would have been fun." I said and we kept walking.

"So how was dance with Marco Reus?" He asked looking at his shoes while we were in the exit.

"It was ok." I simply answered.

"Just ok?" He said looking at me confused.

We were on the entrance of the hotel, I wanted to go home but the party still hasn't finished yet. And I spotted him, Marco. He was far from me but he was talking on the phone and was surrounded by some guys, maybe his friends? I don't know. I looked away because I was embarrassed of my behavior and didn't wanted him to see me there.

"Yeah I mean, he's not a good dancer." I lied.

"I don't think so, he looked smooth." Mati said.

"Yeah, well, I don't know I just don't – I said touching my hair, I had nothing to say- I want to go home, I have a little headache." I finished.

"Are you sure? Are you ok?" He said grabbing my face to examine my eyes.

"How much fingers do you see?" He was acting serious an as a doctor would act.

I laughed.

"Enough, I am fine just a little heachache for the champagne and the spinning maybe.." I said and he nodded.

"Let's go then." He said

"Oh no, it's ok, you don't have to leave the party for me, I would grab a cab and-

"Are you crazy? Of course not, you came with me, you go with me as well." He said and I nodded.

***

I have been thinking about that night at the ball, the things I said to Marco and I realize how rude I was to him. I was speaking about being humble and unselfish and I was acting all bitchy to him. I hated that but apparently he brought the worst of me. I thought about calling him, well he called me so I had his number, but then I felt better not.