Mark smirked. "Good girl," he applauded her, clapping sarcastically as the people in the hall began to move again. "Atta girl, Ramaya. Maybe you do have some intuition in you." 

"If I had some, I'd call Gibbs on you," Marina muttered, taking her bag. "I just hope they allow spaghetti-straps in this school."

***

John took his shirt off, looking at the paint that was splashed across it. He shook his head angrily, stuffing it into his backpack. 

There was a sound from behind him, and Sam walked up with a black sweater. "Here you go," he told him sullenly, tossing it to him. "No one ever loses anything cool in lost and found." 

John raised an eyebrow. "This?" 

"Dude, it was either that or the Hannah Montana jacket," Sam snorted. "Be glad I'm not that mean." 

John pulled the sweater over his head, then heard a knock on the door. Marina poked her head in, and John noted with interest that she had her jacket off. "C'mon in," he told her. 

She did, slinging her backpack onto the floor. "So tempted to call Gibbs, it's not even funny," she snarled, walking up to the sink and ripping her hair tie out and turning on the water. "Mark is just . . . " 

"You shouldn't complete that sentence," Sam advised her. "His father's the sheriff around here." 

"Oh, that's just perfect," Marina drawled, yanking her fingers through her hair in a desperate attempt to get the bright red paint out of it. "He can pull rank." 

John snorted. "Where'd your guns go?" 

"Unfortunately, in my backpack," Marina seethed, grabbing a few paper towels to dry her hair with. "Luckily my badge wasn't in my locker." 

Sam's eyes widened. "You're a police officer?" 

"Federal agent," Marina corrected. "I'm undercover for NCIS. My boss, Gibbs, is my guardian as well as my only father as I never knew my real ones. And my real name is Marina Nightshade." 

Sam's eyes looked like they were about to jump out of his head. Marina pointed at him. "And so far, it's only you, John, and Henri who know that I'm here. If you're near Savannah, tell her I told you that's her real name." 

"Is that the Aliyah girl?" Sam asked, starting to scrub at what he had been trying to save in his locker. 

"That's the one," Marina confirmed. 

John looked at the photograph. "Who's that with you?"

***

OPD Headquarters, Ohio

"So there's not much that we can go off of while we're talking about the football players," Kate commented, looking over the crime scene photos. "Marina's been reporting in on and off, and there's nothing to tell." 

Gibbs leaned back in his chair, watching as McGee scrolled through the photos. "The weirdest thing for me right now is whatever those disintegrated stones were," he replied, sitting up straight. The Mogadorians. 

McGee shrugged. "I'd tell you more about their lives if I could," he apologized. "But there's no mention whatsoever about having work at a masonry or something like that."