Chapter 10 - Joanne POV

I opened my eyes to find myself within a dark room, only a shaft of light protruding through into the sinister room onto the floor in front of me. Subtle noises filled the room, something clicking filling my ears and the shuffling of feet.

“now are you going to behave this time or are we going to have to be a little harder on you miss Wemmerslager”

A voice boomed, how did they know my name, i didn’t give them my name, i said i was a deacon, not a Wemmerslager, it was far too complicated for the man to say in the first place he was stuttering when he tried to say my name at the cafe.

I just kept silent not saying a word, its better to keep your mouth shut if you have nothing better to say. The rolling continued till it suddenly stopped and the shuffling of feet continued till someone was standing in front of me, a gun held in one hand aimed straight at me.

“now im going to ask you this... where is Roger Meddows Taylor?”

The man asked. What did he think i was a physic, he is a moron thinking i could possibly know everyone in existence of the world, ive never even heard of the name, who in the world would call their son meddows, what is he, full of flowers and green skinned.

“never heard of the name”

I said bluntly, the voice chuckled to himself. Before i could even blink there was a sudden amount of pressure put on my legs and i could feel someone breathing down my neck, contaminated with alcohol and cigarettes making it difficult to breathe.

“you.. little... LIAR”

He yelled before slapping me across the face. I tried to bring my hands up to my head to defend myself from each blow, but it was futile, at each attempt my hands retracted, restrained by rope behind my back, the only thing happening was i happened to be giving myself rope burn which stung like no tomorrow.

“now”

He said, adjusting himself on my legs, myself feeling very insecure by the way in which he was acting, not knowing what could happen; i rocked back on my chair, falling flat on my back, the chair breaking and the rope unravelling from my hands.

Without second thought i got up and began to run, but i don’t know where i was running and before i could even make my way towards the light it was suddenly shut off, leaving me in darkness, not knowing what to do or where to go.

I felt a cold metal rest against my neck, cutting the first layer of skin and blood slightly seeping through from the slight scratch. He held me close to his body, a stone tight grib holding me making it impossible to move. The only thing running through my mind was john, thats all i want, he is all i need, he would know exactly what to do, i began to feel a slight quiver against my ear.

“now pretty”