Chapter 9 - Roger POV

I woke up to something squeezing my arm, then suddenly releasing it. My senses slowly coming back to me, keeping my eyes closed i quickly picked up where i was. The smell of disinfectant and other cleaning products infused my nose, burning it. I sat up and began to choke on the scent, my eyes beginning to water and my throat was incredibly hoarse and i coughed and spluttered.

“You’re awake”

I heard a voice say, it echoed through the room, i was in a hospital without a doubt, it reeked of chemicals and what not, it was disgusting just being in the presence of the stench even though it may not necessarily be in this exact room.

I opened my eyes, blinded by the light protruding through the window to the side, sunlight seeping through the mesh white curtains revealing it was day light. I looked around; my arm wrapped up and bandaged blood stains scattered on the bandage. My other arm hooked up to who knows what, tubes were coming in and out of me, connected to my arms fingers and who knows what else.

“how you feeling mate”

I heard another voice say, i looked in the direction of the voice. It was brian, standing in the doorway. Opening the door slightly wider than what it was and walked through, Freddie not far behind him but avoiding all contact with me and hurried over to the farthest chair away from me.

“not quiet sure, dizzy i suppose”

I said, my head was running like wild, i was going practically around the twist, my brain not focusing on anything, just going through one ear and out the other. I looked over at fred, he looked horrible, bags under his eyes were prominent as he looked out the window avoiding my eyes or even looking at me.

“thats alright, they said you’d feel like that, its a common thing after all the drugs and what not they had to give you, youll be up and drumming in no time”

Brian said, sounding cheerful but i didn’t quite understand what he could possibly be cheerful about, i shouldn’t even be alive after yesterday, i felt terrible after what happen yesterday between me and fred. I should never of acted i such a manner... i just... just got... annoyed, i hate the two of them talking of love and all that jazz.

It is just all too much for me to withstand, i once had a girlfriend, long ago, i don’t like to mention her, she left me for some guy called Emmett, a horrible guy, constantly bashing me up because i liked to grow my hair long, he shared a dorm with me, and once he found out i loved Evangeline but she of course loved Emmett more, i have never really recovered over her, and with fred constantly talking of girls and brian running of to one can only assume to be a girl, it really takes its toll on me.

“whats up bud, your crying... are you in pain?”

Brian asked, freddies head snapped in my direction, staring at me. Wiping my eyes i just shook my head and fred went back to the window. I could hear screaming down the corridor, could someone please shut it up, people are trying to rest you know.

“no... no brian... absolutely fine... you don’t need to stand around waiting for me... ill be fine”

I told him. He looked from me to fred then back at me, staring intently into my eyes, his dark brown eyes hinted with a splash of green was starting to creep me out, he nodded his head and looked at fred one last time before leaving the room and walking down the hallway.

The room stayed in silence for a while, i just stared at fred who was looking out the window, avoiding me no doubt about it. I didn’t have a clue in what to say, im surprised he didn’t leave with brian then again he was probably in a world of his own, day dreaming, thinking about a new song or something along those lines.

“i don’t hate you because of what you did, you were in your right mind to nearly practically kill me”