Chapter 5 - John POV

“hello, im john deacon, bassist, pleasure to meet you”

I said to the door, my palms sweating like no tomorrow, i had no clue how to speak to people, i dont talk at all, how the hell was i going to be apart of a band if i cant even communicate to the members within it.

“john... and you are?”

No too informal, i cant do this, i should just go back to university and finish off the course and live a normal life and not one within a band, i cant do this.

“john deacon, bassist at your service”

Too corny, who the hell speaks like that anymore.

“hi, im the new bassist”

I said opening the door to the flat, not quiet knowing what i was doing, just going along with it, my head throbbing as all these things running through my head and not knowing what to do with the thoughts.

I looked down at the ripped piece of paper, the words scrawled in a neat line. ‘floor 5 door 3’ it read, i looked up the flights of stairs, well may as well start walking now. I was shaking like mad, not knowing how to act, never would i have thought i was going to give up my education to become apart of a band, but then again i need a change of scenery.

“deacon... john deacon”                                

I said, practicing my introduction again, too cliche. I threw my fingers through my hair and combed their way through out of frustration. I heard a door open but ignored it and continued walking, making my way up to floor five when im only on floor one, this is going to take me forever.

“bassist, john deacon, how do you do”

I tried again, nope, not right at all, im no good at talking, even to myself im a horrible, what if they think im insane for talking to myself, because it is seen as the first sign of madness. What the hell am i doing here, i dont belong here, they dont want some quiet guy in a loud band, thats just useless.

“your a friggen twat you know fred, you knock roger out completely, your covered in blood yourself and here i am, comming home just to clean it all up, nice to see you too.”

A man yelled at another above me i was now on floor four, not long to go now, my heart was beating beyond the mileage and i was going completely crazy, my bag in one hand and bass in the over shaking like mad, im suprised i didnt drop anything.

“it wasnt my fault”

The other man yelled. I looked up the upcomming stairs to see three men comming down, one unconscious and the other two carrying him. The unconcious one, the blonde was familiar, he was the one to tell me to come here, thank goodness im in the right place.

“what do you mean it wasnt your bloody fault”

The man with dark curly hair exclaimed at the one whose teeth were protrouding and hair was longer than his shoulders, the blondes hair just skimmed the floor as the two were descending, nows my chance before i loose them.

“b-b-b-bassist d-d-d-eac-o-o-on jo-o-h-hn”