Stitches

Taylor's POV

   It's 8 at night and I'm getting ready to go on a double date with Shawn. I've always wanted to say that but I expected Shawn and I to be together going out with another couple.

*ding dong*

My doorbell rings and I run downstairs to open it. Shawn is standing in front of me in a black suit and a gray tie with some gray suede dress shoes. How fancy.

"Wow you look amazing." I say in awe.

"Thanks bro. I'm gonna try my best with Lauren. She's really pretty and I don't want a repeat of what happened with Camila. I can't believe it spent freshman and sophomore year fantasizing over her." He scoffs.

I roll my eyes. I knew exactly what kind of person Camila was. She's a rich brat who gets whatever she wants. She just wanted Shawn because he started a YouTube channel and he has almost 500,000 subscribers.

"Well let's go, the girls said they'd meet us at the restaurant." I say heading out the door.

   Shawn's POV

   I'm so excited for my date with Lauren. She's really cute and after what happened with Camila, I want to get my mind off all these things.

   We get to the restaurant and ask for the reservation under Mendes. It seemed so fancy but we wanted to make a good impression on the girls.

   I'm so glad that Taylor is able to come out with me today. Ever since we started high school he's been lonely and I just want him to be happy. He's my best friend and I'd do anything for his happiness.

   "Your table Mr. Mendes." The waiter says and places two menus on the table. Soon the girls show up. Lauren is wearing a slim red dress with her hair curled. She looks hot.

   Ashley is wearing a black slim dress and has her hair straightened, she looks pretty hot too I guess.

   They sit down and Ashley scoots in real close to Taylor. Desperate much? Whatever.

   "You girls look lovely." I say with a cheesy smile.

   "Thanks Shawn." They say in unison.

   "I think I'll order the shrimp Alfredo, and maybe you can give me dessert." Says Ashley to Taylor while biting her lip.

   I roll my eyes and laugh a little under my breath.

   "Chill." I say out loud. "I mean... Sorry I don't know why I said that." I apologize to Ashley.

   That was rude of me. I don't know why I said that to her or why I think she's acting desperate. She's just a girl trying to date a guy. I soon realize I haven't acknowledged Lauren at all.

   "So Lauren, where do you go to school?" I ask.

   She begins to tell me what school she goes to and what she wants to be when she grows up but I keep seeing Ashley being flirtatious with Taylor in the corner of my eye. It's making me lose my concentration.

   I interrupt Lauren and go straight to Ashley.

   "So Ashley what's up with you? Just got out of a relationship? Never had one? Are you always so forward like this?" I ask.

   "Dude what's up with you." Taylor says to me.

   "Hey if all you're gonna do is interrogate Ashely then we're out of here." Lauren says and gets up. They both walk out of the restaurant. I get up and chase after them hoping to get another chance.

   "Hey! Hey! Hey Lauren stop! Look, I'm sorry I don't know what came over me in there."I say.

   "You seemed really jealous. Do you like Ashley better than me or something?" She asks with a disgusted look.

   "No no no. Of course not. I really like you." I say. "Please give me another chance."

   "Well... I don't know. I'll give you a call." She says and walks away.

   I smile because I know she can't resist me. I'm Shawn Mendes, future singer.

   I walk back into the restaurant to see Taylor pigging out on Ashley's order. He looks so cute in what he's wearing. He actually tried for this date. I go to sit down and he just looks at me with this 'what's up' look.

   "So what happened? What was with the third degree?" He asks wiping off the Alfredo sauce.

   "Look, I don't know. I just saw her acting like a hoe with you and it made me mad. She should've acted more lady like." I say.

   "What? She wasn't acting any way. Sure she was being flirtatious but this is a date. That's what you do on a date." He says with a little anger in his voice.

   "Let's just go." I say getting up to pay the ticket.

   Tonight was weird. I had no way to explain it. I was tripping over my self all night. By the end of the night I was begging Lauren to come have dinner with me. What's with you Shawn. Get it together bro. Why were you so jealous towards Ashely? It couldn't be because I like her. I was calling her a hoe and being rude. What was it? Do I like Taylor? What? Of course not. He's Taylor. My best friend. I can't like him ... Or can I?

   Once we reach my house we sit there for a bit because I don't exactly enjoy being home.

   "Hey Shawn... Can you just tell me what was up with you tonight?" Taylor asks.

   I look at Taylor, "I don't know." I say plainly.

   "Well I don't get it. You make a big deal of me never going out with anyone and as soon as I do you get all mad and jealous? What's your deal don't you want me to find someone don't you want me to be happy? I want to experience love to! Maybe it wasn't with her but I'd like to know that my best friend would've given me that chance. Why couldn't you jus---" I interrupt his rant with my lips pressed against his.

   To be honest, the kiss wasn't so bad. I definitely felt something but of course I won't admit it. It was like electricity. I felt it all throughout my body.

   I lean back and finish the kiss. I look up at Taylor and his face his looks so confused and his cheeks are tomato red. Ew tomatoes.

   "Taylor I'm ... I'm sorry I don't know why I did that. I guess .. I just wanted to show you that I do want you to be happy..." I say. I quickly get out of the car and run inside to my house.

   Taylor's POV

   WHAT JUST HAPPENED. Oh my Shawn Mendes just kissed me. My whole body lit up like a Christmas tree. I can't believe that happened. But how could he not say anything about it being romantic? Ugh this boy is confusing.

   Shawn's so difficult because he thinks that he can do whatever he want. I see the way he is with girls. He may have 'loved' Camila freshman and sophomore year but I know he was hoeing around with some girls.

   If I have to go through that with him then so be it. I will do anything to be with him. Might as well call and ambulance because after this ride is over I'll be needing stitches.

----------------------------------

When I finish writing each chapter I go up and listen to the music I put on here. Shawn's amazing 💖.