Imagination

Taylor's POV

   Ok, I want you to use your imagination right now. Imagine the most perfect person in the whole entire world. You get to see them everyday, you get to talk to them everyday. It's amazing right? Now imagine all that, but you can't kiss them, or hold them the way you'd like. You're just friends. That my friend is called the friend zone and I happen to be in that as of this very moment.

Shawn Mendes. My best friend. We've been best friends since the third grade when he moved here from Canada and everyone made fun of his accent. I actually thought it was really cute. He's really cute.

Well he's more than just my best friend, he's the love of my life. Of course he doesn't know that. That would be horrific if he ever found out I loved him. It would ruin our friendship. As much as I do want to be with him, I would want him to leave me.

He's just so amazing. His hair is so fluffy and soft. His lips are so pink and plump. Despite all his flaws he's still perfect... Oh who am I kidding.. His flaws aren't flaws, they're also perfections! Whenever he talks about how he wants to be famous one day, I always get lost in the words of his stories, he's so dreamy. Even that lazy eye has me going crazy.

If only I could just tell him how I feel and maybe, just maybe, he'll lean in for a kiss and I'll get to kiss those soft li----

*riiiiiiiiiinnnngggg*

"Now I hope everyone studied for that test. I know it was difficult but you're going to be put through a lot of challenges in life and that was one of them. I'm assuming everyone passed with the exception of one student, Taylor." Ms. Lyon said to the class.

Everyone looked at me and I just smirked, see I'm not your typically good student. I get A's for sure but I do a lot of pranks around the school so everyone of my teachers just automatically assume I cheat or something.

"Yes Janet that test was amazing. Thank you for putting us through challenges just to teach us about life. I'm sure you'll be delighted with my grade." I say with a wink and walk out of the class.

There's papers all over the floor. It's finally summer and I'm hoping that this one will be a good one if you know what I mean.

I head to my locker to get all of my belongings out which is just my charger, headphones and a sweater. Suddenly I feel a pair of hands over my eyes.

"Hey Shawn, coming over for dinner tonight?" I ask laughing because I knew it was him.

"Man I can never get you, it's impossible. Ugh, well no I'm going to eat dinner with Camila's family and then I'll be over to bro out with you." He nudges me into my locker smiling.

"Oh yes the famous Camilla. How's that going? All good things I hope." I sarcastically say to him.

"Come one Taylor, you know I've liked her since freshman yeah right? It's a big deal that she finally said yes to me!" He exclaims.

"Yes I know.. I just don't know why you decided to like the biggest bitch of the whole school."I tell him.

"Chill bro. You don't know her." He looks down at his phone, " ok I got to go she's hassling me for being late to her car, see you later Taylor!" He yells almost halfway down the hall.

I go out into the parking lot to my car. I get in and bang my head on the wheel. Oh why do I do this to myself? He's so amazing and she doesn't deserve him. She's trash and he's diamonds. Ok ok, I'm just glad I'm able to spend nights with him and relationships in high school don't last, especially with Camilla.

On my drive home I can't help but think about what Shawn and I could be. I know he feels something for me too. The way he looks at me sometimes, almost as if he wants to jump on me and kiss me. I don't know I must be crazy.

"Hey mom! What's for dinner?!" I yell not knowing where she is.

"NACHOOOOOS!" She yells while laughing.

I laugh and run up stairs to change into some more comfortable clothes. I open the door only to realize that my room is a total mess. How can I let it get this dirty?!

I quickly get all my dirty clothes and put it into the hamper. I get all my trash and stuff it in the trash can. Ok.. That looks at least decent.

*ding dong*

"TAYLOR, SHAWN IS HERE!" My mom yells from downstairs.

I hear Shawn run upstairs. I hear him stumble, he's so clumsy.

"Dude your mom is awesome! As soon as I stepped in she yelled nachos and ran to the kitchen to finish dinner!" He laughs.

"Yeah she's super excited for the ufc fight tonight." I say.

"Awesome! Can't wait for nachos and a fight. Tonight's gonna be great! He can I take a shower? Camila made me put on this weird cologne and it smells like feet. I don't know why she likes this." Shawn says with a disgusted look on his face.

"Yeah sure, I'm just gonna be in here laying down when you get out." I say hoping onto my bed.

Shawn takes off his shirt and I swear it's like he's an Abercrombie model. I just stare at him, mesmerized by his abs. I realize I've been staring for a long time and look away down to my phone.

"Ok I'll be out in 10." He says throwing his gross smelling shirt at my face.

I through it off and lay back listening to music.

"Taylor?! Taylor?! Taylor I've realized what I have to do! I have to make you mine! You're the most handsome guy I've ever seen. You're my best friend and you're the love of my life... I can't believe I've been so blind." He yells from across the hallway.

"Shawn what are you doing?! You're yelling and everyone is looking at you! Do you really want to say all of that in front of everyone?" I ask shyly.

"Taylor I don't care about anyone heading what I have to say. You're amazing and I want everyone to know that I want you to be my boyfriend. I'm in love with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He says taking my hand and bending down on one knee.

"Oh my Shawn, I can't believe you're going to do this." I say covering my face to hide my blushing.

"Taylor... Do you want nachos??" He asks

"Excuse me? What'd you say?" I asked confused.

"Do you want nachos? Do you want nachos? Do you want nachos? Hello Taylor? Do you want nachos?!" Shawn says shaking me awake.

"Oh shit, I fell asleep." I say looking up at Shawn.

"Yeah hurry up and come downstairs. The fights about to start." He says laughing and running downstairs.

I rub my eyes and slap my face a little to wake myself up. I can't believe I had that dream. Too bad it was just my imagination...