Kid in Love

Taylor's POV

   Maybe I'm just a kid in love. Maybe I'm just naive, young and dumb. Maybe I'm not gay and just really protective over Shawn because of how close we are.

"Hey Shawn wake up. Want some breakfast?" I ask poking him in the stomach.

"Hell yeah I'm hungry. What do you wanna make me?" He asks winking at me.

I blush, " How about we go get some coffee and muffins?" I ask with a smile.

"Muffinssssssss yessssss. Those are good." He says excitedly. He jumps up and runs to his bag to get his clothes on.

I get up from the bed and go to my closet to figure out what I'm going to wear. I pick out my plain black shirt and blue jeans with my black suede vans. I look hot.

I turn around and look at what shawns wearing. He has on a gray t-shirt and some black pants with his gray vans. He looks even hotter than I do.

"Let's go get those muffins!!!!" I yell running down the stairs.

"You're just like your mom!" Shawn says laughing.

We run outside to my car and get in. I turn up the radio and wanted by hunter hayes comes on. Shawn turns it up and starts to sing. He's so beautiful. His voice is so magical.

"I wanna wrap you up, wanna kiss your lips, I wanna make you feel wanted..." He sings loudly.

I stop the car and turn off the music. I look at Shawn and he looks absolutely gorgeous.

"Hey what's wrong Tay? Why'd you stop the car?" Shawn asked confused.

"Look Shawn there's something I want to tell you, I've been wanting to tell you for a long time... I Lo---" I get interrupted by shawns phone ringing.

"Oh hold on its Camila. Hello? Oh yeah. Sure. Yeah. Ok babe." He says and hangs up the phone.

"Do you think you can take me to Walmart to buy some ice cream for Camilla? She has cramps." He asks me.

"Yeah... Yeah I guess so." I say starting the car again. I turn out the radio to clear my mind of what I was about to tell him.

I can't believe I was about to tell him that I love him. That's how you know I'm young and stupid. I could've ruined our whole relationship. I'm just glad that Camila called when she did. I guess now I'm catering to her.

We walk into Walmart and head for the frozen food isle. There's so many ice creams to choose from. Strawberry, my favorite. I go and get a pint of strawberry ice cream and put it in the cart.

"So what kind does she like?" I ask Shawn. He looks so confused.

"Um, I don't know. Once I saw her eating mint chocolate chip." He says and goes to grab it.

Suddenly from the corner of my eye I see a couple of girls staring at Shawn and I. They look around 16 years old.

"Hey Shawn those girls are checking you out." I say laughing. He turns around and waves to them to come to us. I dint think he'd actually do that. Now I regret telling him about them.

They come over. Both are about 5'5, tan with long curly brown hair.

"Hey I'm Lauren, this is Ashley." Lauren says pointing to her friend. She just flashes me a smile. I can tell she's shy. That's cute.

"Well I'm Shawn and this is my boy Taylor." He says while nudging me with his elbow. "I have a girlfriend but Taylor is single." He says winking. He's such a flirt.

"Oh well too bad," Lauren says while pouting, " but Ashley does think you're cute. Don't you Ashley?" She asks pushing her friend forward.

"Uh yeah.. You're very cute." She says shyly.

"Well you're cute too." I say with a smile. She is cute honestly, but not the attractive kind of cute... The ' oh that puppy is cute ' kind of cute.

"Maybe we can hang out some time. Here's my number." She says handing me a small piece of paper.

"Sure thing, I'll give you a call." I wink at her.

We pay for our things and head out to the car. I get in and just as I'm about to start the car, I can feel Shawn looking right at me. I turn and he's just smiling at me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Taylor got a girls number!" He sings and laughs.

"So what? I can get a girls number anytime I want." I smirk.

"Maybe but you never want to and you never find a girl you like. It's about time you did." Shawn says.

"I never said I liked Ashley. She's cute but not my type."I say and shrug my shoulders.

"What is your type?" Shawn asks.

Well... It's Shawn. I want to tell him so bad but I know that if I do it can ruin our relationship.

"I'll know when I find the one." I say starting my car.

On the way to Camila's I come to the realization that I am driving the love of my life to his girlfriends house. What has become of me?

"Hey baby, I'm here, come down." Shawn says into the phone.

Oh I won't Shawn to call me baby and buy me ice cream and love me...

Camila comes out and runs to our car. She dressed nice and her hair is straightened.

"Oh thank you Shawn for the ice cream I've been wanting so-- what the hell is this?" She yells and throws the pint of ice cream.

"I thought you liked that kind? You were never really specific to what you wanted! How was I suppose to know?" He says to her.

"Shawn you suck. Ugh whatever I have other people willing to get me my stuff. See you later Shawn." She says and walks away.

I look down into the bag and the mint chocolate chip is still there. That means she threw mine.

"Um, the brat picked the wrong ice cream." I yell loud enough for her to hear.

"Whatever lets just go." He says putting his hand on his face.

"Shawn she doesn't deserve you. She doesn't realize what she lost." I say trying to comfort him.

"No, no one has wanted me but her. All I wanted was her too but I never realized how evil she is." He says.

"Well she is evil and I'm pretty sure a lot of people want you. You're just not looking far enough. Maybe they're right in front of your eyes." I say hinting that it's me that wants him.

He looks up and smiles and laughs a little. He looks at me and hugs me. This is the moment. This is where everything changes and Shawn because mine.

"You're right Taylor. I just had to open my eyes a little more. Ashley." He says.

"What?! Oh I mean yeah Ashley?" I say confused.

"Yes you have her number and she has Lauren's. Maybe we can all go on a double date tonight! It can be great!" He say excitedly.

"Yes it's gonna be amazing." I say and start my car. Maybe I am just a kid in love.

--------------------

Remember to vote and comment 😊💖. I hope you all enjoyed this. It's my first time writing a shaylor fanfiction.