Chapter One

Haru shook his head, freeing his hair of most of the water clinging to his black locks. He looked down into the cold water of his tub, mentally debating if he should get out and decide to be social, for it was a crucial decision everyone had to make in the morning. Haru then sighed. School or not, he would have to get out of the bathtub some time soon. Besides, the small, two foot tub, wasn't a pool.

Haru stretched, standing out of the water, letting the air hit his tanned body. He let his arms drop to his sides as he stepped out of the tub one foot at a time. Something didn't seem right to him. He rubbed his head, wondering what it was.

Haru stood over the black, sizzling pan, watching the food on top of it curl. And then it clicked. Makoto. Makoto wasn't here. It confused Haru so much, he dropped the seasoning he was sprinkling onto the blackened mackerel he was recently cooking. He cursed under his breath, instantly swooping down to catch the bottle of seasoning before it spilled onto his clean and pristine floors.

Why wasn't he here? Haru wondered, seemingly forgetting about the burning delight. What is he up to? Is he sick? The thought of Makoto, his... His...

What was Makoto to him? He had been by Haru's side through thick and thin. Makoto had been there to console the distraught child when his parents left him. Makoto had been there when Rin left to Australia. Makoto had been there when his grandmother died. Makoto had been there when Rin came back, different. Makoto had been there. He always had, so why wasn't he here now? Haru didn't know, and he didn't like not knowing.

Was Makoto truly sick? If so, then he would need someone there for him, right? So for today, Haru should be Makoto's Makoto.

The beeping of Haru's fire alarm snapped him out of his thoughts. He glared at the smoke curling off of the trashed fish he loved so. How dare they ruin his breakfast. No matter, now. Haru thought, glumly. It's too late for breakfast anyways. It was only the second day of school, and Makoto had forgotten about him.

----
Haru trudged along the path leading to his high school, head down.

"Makoto forgot about me." He whispered to himself. "It must've been the new kid."

On the first day of school, Makoto had met a new kid who instantly took a liking to him. His name was Fujioka Akihiko, and to Haru, he was the devil himself. Haru, who Makoto had known since they were in diapers, was instantly forgotten about the moment Makoto had looked into Akihiko's eyes. It was if it was magic.

The days following Akihiko and Makoto's meeting, Haru was slowly disappearing from Makoto's life. Whenever Makoto talked about Haru, his eyes no longer sparkled like they used to. Instead, his eyes sparkled whenever the name Aki was mentioned. Makoto was a love sick puppy, following his 'Aki-chan' wherever he went.

Haru was glad that Makoto was making new friends, but what would happen to him? Haru knew. He knew that Akihiko was slowly removing Haru from the Orca's eyes. Maybe it wasn't truly as bad as Haru said, but go Haru, it was worse.

Worse because he was slowly learning the ways of the darkness once again, and it was only the Tuesday if week two, and Haru didn't know how long he could hold out.