Four

E S M E E

(Chapter talks about suicide be aware)

I didn't see it coming, I was so naive. It was so obvious yet I refused to acknowledge it's slow descent upon us.

When his limp, pale body swang from the ceiling I cried. Like most people would do if their loved one killed themselves. My fists pounded the ground beneath him as I repeated unintelligible sentences, and the tears burned my bloodshot eyes.

Luke was there consoling my shaking body, but he refused to cry. He was the strongest and I admired him for that.

"Esmee there is nothing we could've done" He said as I cried into his shoulder causing a wet patch. "I wasn't there for him, I'm the blame for this"

Luke furrowed his eyebrows and vigorously shook his head. "He was so fragile, this was inevitable"

I wondered why my boyfriend killed himself, but the possibilities were endless. Mikey had so many insecurities, himself being one.

His mothers death took such a toll on him and that might've partly triggered him to do this. But I wasn't there, instead I was going the cinema with his best friend.

The note that was beneath Michaels feet was clutched tightly in my hands. I didn't want to read it because if I did I'm pretty sure my body would be swinging next to his.

"C'mon let's go outside and I'll call the police to collect Michael." Already too tired I didn't protest, instead I let Luke pull me outside and set me down on the floor.

"I'll call them, wait here"

-

"I'm sorry for Mr.Cliffords death" The officer with greying hair said solemnly. "It's fine" I replied, he nodded understandably.

"Do you have any reasons Mr.Clifford would've killed himself?" Luke rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.

"His mother died recently" I choked out hoping the man understood. He wrote it down and put the notebook in his pocket.

"Thank you for your time, have a great day" He smiled and walked out, they'd taken Michaels body out in a bag but I didn't look.

"I don't know what to do" The atmosphere was quiet and suffocating. "Do you want to come round mine and watch some movies?" Luke suggested.

"Ok, thank you Luke for everything"

"It's ok, Michael's at peace now"

-

I saw it coming tbh :-|

(not edited so if you could point out spelling errors it'd be helpful ty)