Working With Him

You sit down at your desk. You stare around the office, looking around at everyone there. You weren't really looking for anyone but your eyes suddenly land on him. He was fairly new at your work, but man, had he ever made a great first impression. He entered the doors one morning, a big smile on his face. An aura of confidence surrounded him and made him seem welcoming. You found out from your boss that his name was Jesse. Jesse Eisenberg.

He had deep blue eyes, eyes that could paralyze you almost immediately. They seemed to glow and shone whenever light hit them. You watched as he shook his deep, chocolate brown hair and admired the way it fell back in place. It looked so soft and you could almost feel its waviness as you pictured yourself twirling it around your fingertips. You knew that would never happen though as he never paid attention to you. Until today.

As you remained staring, mesmerized by his good looks, you noticed that he began to turn his head in your direction. You knew any second now your eyes would meet, so you put on your brightest smile and readied your hand to wave. His chair swiveled around, followed by his body, then his head. Your eyes locked and you quickly did a shy wave then returned to your work. After a few long seconds, you turned back to see that Jesse was still looking your way. On his face, was a sweet, genuine smile. It made his eyes form into smaller almonds and took up a little more than a third of his face but you found this adorable. His teeth were a bit crooked but made him seem even more handsome. You sigh, finding yourself deeply lost in your thoughts. Suddenly, you notice that you were staring. "Oh god." you say under your breath as you turn to face your desk again. Then something clicks. He was still looking at you.

Slowly, while mustering up all of your courage, you rise, and make your way over to his desk. Once you get there, you introduce yourself. "Hi, I'm Y/N." you say, smiling. He flashes you his adorable smile and says back, "I'm Jesse. It's nice to meet you." He sticks his hand out and you gladly shake it. The handshake lasts two seconds too long to be a friendly gesture, and you're left there smiling more than before when he pulls his hand away. His hand was warm and soft, and he had a gentle touch. He was welcoming and you could instantly feel sparks. You wonder if he felt them too. "Might I say, you are very beautiful. You have this brightness to your smile and this cheerfulness in yourself that I find endearing and attractive." he says.

You feel your heart start to speed up. Shivers were sent down your spine. No way in hell did he just say that. Was it possible he felt the same way about you as you did him? A million questions flood your head but you say one aloud, directed towards him. "Aren't you quite the charmer?" He laughs, a sweet jingle type of laugh. It nearly melts your heart and it's very contagious, making you laugh as well. "I try my best." he answers with a subtle wink. You look down, hoping to hide your blush. You tuck a small strand of hair behind your ear and take notice of how his eyes are watching you, admiring you. "Look, I know we just met and all, but could I maybe take you out for dinner tonight? I know this great restaurant downtown and we could get to know each other better." he asked hopefully. You quickly scribble down your phone number and address, turn to him and say, "It's a date, pick me up at 7." His smile widens as he places a soft kiss on your cheek. "Perfect." You walk away, feeling so proud and over the moon. Jesse was perfect. His smile, his laugh, his eyes, his hair, his quirkiness and confidence. They made him who he was and that was a very enticing and peculiar person. And he had the decency to actually ask you out on a proper date. You smile to yourself. Jesse was a gentleman. An actual gentleman. You couldn't wait for your date that night.