Sweet 16

You were 16 years old and your parents was divorced. To be honest your family wasn't poor, actually they were quite rich. Or to be more exact my dad was quite rich. He's like one of those rich dads you see in the movies. Very overprotective, like in extremely overprotective. He wouldn't let you see any other guys than your best friend and dance partner Sean. But that's a whole other story. You live in a really big house were you had your own gigantic room, dressing room, bathroom even your own dance studio.

But at your mom's it was quite different. You lived in a quite big house but you only had your own room which you were deeply grateful for. Your mom found a boyfriend with three kids. But you loved this home to pieces. It was funny and to you it felt like freedom. At your dad's you couldn't even always find your clothes yourself. That was one of your housemaids job. You had three housemaids. One as a chef and a cleaner. One for the biggest cleaning and your dad and his wife. And the last one was Anna, her job was taking care of the children and you. You two had become really good friends over the years. Of course for dad not to know!

As you got 16, your dad was hosting a big sweet 16th birthday party for you. It was a ballroom kind of party with long dresses and all that stuff. It wasn't because you hated these very formal partys. It just wasn't you. But your mom had promised you an sweet little 16th birthday, with mini pizzas and picnic in your garden with your family and friends. So you were alright. Actually you were quite excited for this party.

This year you had a special guest. Your boyfriend. A couple weeks ago you talked to your dad. He knew you liked some kind of guy, cause even though you weren't that close, you couldn't lie to him. Therefore you told him the truth every weekend you had to go home a little bit earlier. You told him that you were meeting with this guy. He had asked a couple of times who he were, how old he was and all that stuff. But you answered every question with a smile on your face. And because of that and because your dad wasn't dum he kinda knew this day would come and that it would come soon. So when you asked your dad if he could come, he said he would think about it.

A week after he called you and asked if you could be ready in 15 minutes, you were actually home with Christopher, but because you had an idea of what he wanted to say, you said yes. You talked to Christopher and he took home. Anyway it wasn't because he interrupted anything else than a kiss. You changed into a dress put your hair up and picked you new purse. 15 minutes after there was a knock on the door. It was Harold. Your dads driver. The sweetest old man that has ever existed on this earth. You loved him to pieces. Since you were little you sat with him on the passenger seat even though your dad said, that you weren't allowed. But you did it anyway, and at the last road before driving down our road, he stopped i got out of the passanger seat and jumped in the back.

Then your dad wouldn't see it!

But you talked with him the whole way, which only was a quarter but still. He was so calm and relaxing i could feel my eyes getting heavy, when he tells one of his many stories about the time when he was a young man and travelled the world. When you jumped in the back of the car, he asked what have you done to your dad, he has been out of this world for a whole week now. You smiled and told him what you asked your dad last week. He smiled "ahh now i see".

But anyway you got out to your dads, he greeted you in living room and you sat down for dinner. Out of sudden your dad said "honey i have thought about you and Christopher, and i've talked to Ane (Your stepmom), and yes he can come" he looked you in the eyes to see your reaction. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, you ran round the table to your dad and gave him a hug. he laughed saying "don't get to exited i have to meet this guy first!". The rest of the night you were smilling inside and outside. Harold was though a bit surprised your dad agreed to that. But even though he wasn't good at showing it you knew that deep inside your dad loved you.