Chapter 24

AN: Warning:

Extremely detailed smut.

Selena...

I've heard multiple times, different and numerous declarations from Harry that have always left me gaping. But I know none of those have ever managed to knock the wind out of my lungs as much as the statement that had just come out of his mouth.

It sounded so wrong and had managed to highlight all the mistakes between the two of us.

But I know I'd be lying if I say that it didn't give me a tiny glimmer of hope; that it didn't liquefy my insides to a puddle; that it didn't give me the strength I needed for that one final push.

Harry's eyes weren't able to catch up as it still held a sliver of anxiety even when I've already stood on the balls of my feet. But for the slowness of his eyes, his lips and hands definitely did more to make up for. His arms wound around me, almost lifting me off the ground as his tongue parted my lips. A crumpled mess was revealed as my hands released their hold on his shirt to travel upwards, one grasping his shoulder and the other cupping his jaw.

A moan slipped out of me as his tongue deliberately stroked mine and I know no man could ever kiss me the way he does, deeply, thoroughly and breathtakingly so. One of his hands gingerly traced a pattern from my spine to the curve of my hip, squeezing it gently. I almost bit his tongue on reflex, almost, as he chose that moment to lean back. I ignored the smirk he casted me as my lips puckered, my hand seeking him out for the loss of contact.

"Harry" I said breathily.

"Shhh" he cooed gently, before dipping his head to give me a chaste kiss that was far too short for my liking. His left hand, resumed its former position with my cheek, while his right remained on my hip, his thumb intent on burning circles on my skin as he lifted the hem of my top a little, lazily exploring the small amount of skin offered to him.

"I want this baby. I want you...so fucking bad."

Uncertainty washed over me as I am left clueless on which made me shiver more, his actual words or the way it rolled off his sensuous lips so raspy. His tongue even adding effect as it carefully moistened the plump flesh.

"But I need to know that you do too. Tell me Selena, right now, in this room, between you and me, what do you want?"

I am left speechless as I gazed up into his eyes, a torrent of emotions running amok in his luminescent emeralds – lust, reverence and to my great regret, anxiety.

A lump forms in my throat, not because I didn't want this – when that ridiculous thought is actually the last thing on my mind, but because I can't figure out the best way to prove it to him. I know a simple 'yes' is all that's needed, but after everything I put him through, whether intentional or not – it won't suffice.

I needed him to know how desperate I am for him.

Even if he appeared composed, I feel that it was with a bated breath that he awaited my reply – the rapid hammering beneath his chest and the agitation in his orbs as he regarded my every move were telltale signs of that. I settle my head to the crook of his neck, trying to remove some of his unease as I littered little kisses from his subtly peeking collarbones to the expanse of his jaw. I knew I did right with it as I felt some of the tension flee him, his rigid shoulders slacking with a bit of relief.

"Do you want to know what gave me the courage to come here?" I asked, after straightening my stance, placing a hand on his jaw. It made me smile once he lifted it and placed a kiss on my palm. It was obvious the patience he aimed to exude was taking a huge deal of him, but still he found time to shower me with little affections.