Chapter 3

AN: w Thank you for the positive feedback! :)

warning...smut

Harry...

We were dancing and I could remember us laughing every single time my two left feet got jumbled. She on the other hand owned the dance floor. There were even a lot of times that I forgot to move and instead ended up gawking at her.

How could I not?

She was purely a fucking Goddess and each twirl, each sway of her hips was her enchantment.

Much to my entertainment she won't stop prodding until I begin to move again. But taking delight in the cute pout on her face, I won't budge until she would cross her arms in front of her and stomp her feet. This continued for at least three times until she huffed and grabbed my hands and placed them on the curve of her hips.

I stiffened again naturally. But this time it was for a completely different reason.

"Relax, just move with me Harry." She whispered in my ear.

Relax? Relax? How the hell could I relax when she's this close to me? Doesn't she have any idea of the torture she's putting me through? Yes, I remember thinking that as well.

But I didn't pull away, instead I took refuge in the way her hands wound behind my neck. I closed my eyes and rested my forehead onto hers. I felt her breath come in short pants as puffs of warm air hit my lips and I don't know if it was because of her rigorous dancing or because like me, she is dazed with the mysterious air that had suddenly surrounded us.

I would never know for sure, but I'd like to think it was the latter.

We never had a problem with being physically close. Yes, for me it was hard, still is actually. But it took a lot of patience and determination to never cross the border of confusion and awkward. But we had never been this intimate before.

We stood like this, for how long I am uncertain. We stood like this in the middle of the dance floor with the pounding of the heavy bass from the speakers amidst the throng of the rowdy crowd. But even without seeing them, I knew there was some sort of invisible barrier that had formed that separated us from them. Not one of them disrupting us from the serenity that had enveloped us. We were a stark contrast to the current music playing, whose rhythm would usually perk people up. But none noticed or maybe they did but didn't pay attention, until the DJ did.

Perhaps he took notice of the two people who were always in a misstep with regards to their dysfunctional relationship that they always hid behind the excuse they called friendship. Perhaps he noticed the equivocal statements they always whispered in each other's ears. Perhaps he saw the unanswered questions in their eyes.

Whatever his reason is I surely wouldn't know as he decided to play a familiar RnB song, Rockin' that thang. It was a few years behind already, nonetheless still catchy with its soothing melody and sensual lyrics that almost felt like it was coaxing me to drop my cowardice and confess to her right then and there.

But I don't, even when I feel her start to move us. I feel my hips start to roll with hers, our feet in sync as I follow her lead. My eyes have remained closed this entire time and even if I can't see us, I know that this is the first time that we don't have an ounce of difficulty moving; whether it was just tonight with this dance or maybe the whole time of knowing each other.

"Harry" she softly murmured, causing me to finally open my eyes.

She placed a hand on my cheek and I in turn lean in to her palm. "You're so beautiful Mia" Her only reply was to smile and the last thing I remember seeing was her hazel eyes, full of fear, uncertainty, confusion and one emotion that I cannot quite put a finger on.