Breathe (Until Tomorrow) - One

Your boyfriend had been acting strange. When he was away on cases he barely called anymore. When he was at home, he hardly touched you. His moods switched so quickly from happy, to angry and sad and you didn't know where you stood anymore.

You knew he'd had a particularly hard case seven weeks ago. One of his team mates had been shot and he blamed himself as he was with them at the time. She'd pulled through but it was touch and go for a while. Three children had also died, and again he blamed himself for not picking up on what he deemed a vital clue.

You'd tried to speak to him about how he was acting towards you, but he'd shut you down, leading to you having screaming arguments in the middle of his apartment, you generally storming out in anger. This is what had happened ten minutes ago and now you were walking the short distance back to your apartment, tears streaming down your face.

He'd text you earlier telling you he was back from the latest case and you'd gone round to see him. He'd been away for eight days yet when you'd unlocked his front door he'd not even moved from his seat on the couch.

You'd moved to hug him, his arms remaining limply at his side. "What's wrong Spencer? I've missed you." You'd whispered knowing you weren't going to get a straight answer.

"Nothing. I've missed you too Y/N." he'd replied, his voice monotone.

"Then act like it."

His mood had flipped then him moving suddenly to you, lips crashing against yours. The kiss took your breath away as they always did but you weren't prepared for him pushing you down against his couch starting to tear at your top.

"Spencer... SPENCER. Stop it." You pushed him back forcefully. It's not that you didn't want to, but you needed to talk first.

"WHAT? I'm showing you how much I missed you." He wiped the back of his mouth with his hand angrily.

"We need to talk. You've hardly spoke to me recently. And you're different." You scared to say the next sentence but you did it anyway, speaking the words softly. "Do you not love me anymore?"

His eyes snapped up to yours. "Is that what you think?"

"It's the only conclusion I can come to. You ask me over but you barely speak to me, you rarely call or text me when your away and..... And up until now, you've showed no interest in wanting to have sex with me. Is there someone else?" You could feel the tears welling.

"There's no one else. And I do love you. I'm sorry."

"I don't want sorry Spencer. I want you to tell me what's wrong."

"There's nothing wrong. Why can't you just accept that?"

His voice was starting to rise already.

"Because I know you Spencer. We've been together for fifteen months now. I know when somethings wrong."

You went round and round like this for twenty minutes, him denying there was anything wrong and you calling him a liar.

In the end something snapped inside you and you stood up grabbing your bag.

"You know what Reid? Fuck this. I love you with all my heart but I'm done."

"Done? You're done? What does that even mean?"

You were stood facing each other now, you wiping away the tears that had begin to fall.

"I'm done with this. You call yourself my boyfriend but you can't bring yourself to trust in me when somethings wrong. You've treated me like crap for the past seven weeks. I get that your job is stressful and painful at times, but as your partner it's my job to help you with that. And you... You won't let me."