Preston's POV

I hate not being claimed! Like hello parent claim me! Notice me parent-chan! I'm such a loser sometimes but I'll learn to deal with it one day." So, who do you think is your godly parent" Jerome the Saytr that saved me and the others asks." I honestly don't know, maybe Nemesis" I admit and Jerome chuckles." What about Aphrodite" he asks and I shake my head, I doubt I'll ever get claimed." I wish they paid more attention to their kids then trying to find their next lover" Jerome says and kicks a rock with his goat legs." That just make me so angry" I shout and clench my hand into a fist. Then something crazy happened;I set the grass on fire without a lighter or anything. Jerome quickly stamps the fire out then mutters about how some guy named Pan wouldn't like that. Some campers crowded around us, trying to figure out what the heck just happened.Then a golden symbol appeared above my head!" Preston you're the son of Hephaestus, and the first one being able to control fire for almost three decades" Jerome shouts and everyone bows." I'll tell Chiron" a little girl about the age of nine squeaks and sprints over to what people call the big house. Some guy pushes his way through the crowd and announces " I'm Martian, head counselor of the Hephaestus cabin and you're Preston correct". I nod because I'm at a loss for words. He grabs my arm then drags me towards a metal cabin." This is the Hephaestus cabin" Martian explains and opens the vault like door. Almost instantly I smell grease and hear the sound a machinery. The walls were a metallic grey and the floor was concrete( hopefully I don't crack my head on it). The floor was full of junk and the cabin was very messy," ignore the mess you'll get used to it" Martian explains and we walk over to the bunk bed beds." You can take the one right here" Martian says gesturing to with bottom bunk bed with a made bed and comfy looking pillows." You going to show him the workshop" a boy with a mop of brown hair, green eyes, and dark skin shouts walking over to us." How about you show him Phillip" Martian says then sassily walks away. Phillip walks over to a lever and pulls it; the floor opens like a trap door and fire pole appears." Just slide down that pole to get into the workshop" he explains and I hop onto the pole. I slide down as fast as lighting, picking up speed until I hit the bottom with a hard thud. There were huge machines, weapons, work benches, planning boards, and whole wall with tools on it." Welcome to the best part of the Hephaestus cabin" Phillip says and places a hand on my shoulder." I could get used to this" I say and smile. Thanks Hephaestus for noticing me.