Decision

9:20pm est
July 22 2018
Gotham city
Artemis P.v

"Wait,what?"I ask replaying his question over in my mind.
"Artemis Lian Crock, will you marry me?"
He pulls out a small green box from the glove department of the car and opens it. A shining beautiful emerald was placed on a Golden band. It is stunning. The emerald reminds me of my best friend.
How comforting.
"It was my mother's" he says rubbing the back of his neck.
I was speechless.
"Look...I know we've only been officially dating for a month now but I love you Artemis and it feels like I've known you my entire life and I want to know you longer and all I want in my life is to make you happy. Artemis I know this isn't anything special but will you marry me?"
"Yes, Yes I'll marry you!" I laugh
He hugs me and I catch a whiff of the cloud of Axe he insists on wearing.
It reminds me of when we were kids. When I joined the team. I never would've guessed that I'd marry the boy wonder. I was to busy with Wally to ever notice  him. Damn it Wally, he's always ruining things not this time I won't let him ruin us. I was so cruel to Richard. Uh.. And now I'm marrying him.
I start crying into his shoulder.
"Artemis what's wrong?" He asks concerned.
"I'm sorry for being such a Bi-"
"Woah woah Artemis you've never been a bitc-"
"I have, I kissed Wally tonight,Dick" I say tears streaming down my cheeks.
"I know" he says and as he does I feel a sharp pain of guilt in my stomach.
"But it didn't matter" he says taking my hand and rubbing soft circles around my palm.
"As long as you're happy"
"And this doesn't mean that you can still kiss him whenever you want. You have to decide now. Artemis..do you choose him or do you choose me?"
"Dick..I choose you" I say into his shoulder.
He prys me off of him and looks me in the eyes.
"I'm glad to hear that" he smirks.
"You should get some sleep it's been a long night"he says turning the key of the car starting it up. I do as he says and lean back into the seat closing my eyes as I feel the car turn onto the abandoned dark road and I close my eyes and let my mind wander.