Banquet

8:03pm est
July 22 2018
Wayne manor
Dick's P.v

"So what exactly is your profession Mrs.Grayson"  Mr.Dawson asked Artemis. It didn't cross my mind he had called Artemis my wife. I always had thought Artemis Grayson had a ring to it Until I caught Artemis glancing up at me with a glint of suspicion  in her eyes.
"Oh we're not married" I say non-chalantly.
Mr.Dawson was one of the richest men in Gotham city. His fat reflected that.
With every word that would come out of his greasy lips his chins would dance as though they were beautiful symphonies. He reminded me of a slightly better looking Oswald Cobblepot or as I like to call him Oswald Hobble-pot. It's people like him that make me second guess coming to these parties.
"With a gem like her if you don't be careful Mr.Grayson I might just take her for myself" he chuckled shaking his cane as he laughed. Mr.Dawson also insisted on dressing as though he's from the early 19th century.
"I will" I laugh.
With that Mr.Dawson took Artemis's hand and kissed it.
I just smiled awkwardly at him while Artemis cringed very hard.
Mr.Dawson then winked at Artemis and hobbled away.
"Gross" we laughed.
"After I find a bathroom to cleanse my hand from diseases can we go home?" she laughed.
"yeah... Is something wrong?" I ask.
"No.. It's just very loud here" she yells over the music.
"Ok" I say mocking how is yelled over the music.
I watch Artemis make her way through the crowd.
"Hey" a familiar voice greets.
I turn around being greeted by Tim.
"Tim" I greet.
"I-I wasn't expecting to see you here" he says in his regular awkward voice.
"Well I wasn't expecting to come" I say with a smile.
The orchestra behind us then started playing The swan Bruce's favourite piece.
Many people started dancing to the symphony.
"Bruce's favourite song" Tim remarks.
"Come to think of it I haven't seen him since the party started" he adds.
"You mean other then Party in the U.S.A?" He laughs at that. He turns to face the crowd.
"Do you always have to be such a clown, Dick?" Shocked we both turn around greeted by Bruce himself.
"Come on Bruce, it's just a joke,ease up a little" I say looking at Tim.
Tim looked back at me with a sigh.
"No worries" he smiles. His smile was fake though. His classic smile was hard to trust. He's a good actor I'll give him that but under everything you can see the real Bruce in his blue eyes.
" uh have either of you seen Artemis?" I ask.
"No...I haven't" Bruce says looking behind me.
"I-I saw her walking towards the bathroom awhile ago" Tim says
" is something wrong?" Bruce asks.
"No..." I say say tailing off.

Artemis P.V

I walk out of the bathroom and find myself in a crowd of dancing people and all I can think is that I want to go home.
I dodge each person making my way towards the last place I Saw Richard.
Over the crowd I can see him with Bruce.
"Hey-" I say as someone bumps into my back.
"Watch where you're going lady!" The man yells.
My blood boils over. How was that my fault?
I just want to go home.
I turn around to face him and immediately I recognize his face. Wally.
He was dancing with a blonde girl around my age. She gets frustrated and walks away when he stop dancing.
"Artemis!" He yells over the music.
"Why are you here!" I yell
He turns to me.
"it's a public party,sweetheart" he says " you know what? I don't care" I mumble.
I turn to walk away but he grabs my wrist. I turn back at him and glare.
"Look, you scared my date away, you owe me" he smirks
The music changes to some different fancy song I don't know the name of though this one is an up beat classical song. He grabs my waist and we start dancing before I can talk my way out.
"You're insane!" I laugh.
"A little bit" he yells over the music.
His smile is bright and it easy to see that he's happy.
"Sometimes you have to be crazy to be truly happy" he laughs
Many songs played after this one. Slow ones and fast ones we danced together.
We danced for what seems like the whole night though it was only a few songs.
The Orchestra stopped for a break and it occurred me that I no longer wanted to go home.
"So what brings you to Gotham?" I ask.
"The weekend" he answers.
It occurs to me that Linda isn't here.
"Wait where's Linda?"
"Linda... Probably back in Central city" he said rubbing the back of his neck.
"Wait why? What happened?" I ask.
"Now you care?" He laughs.
I roll my eyes.
"She left" His tone doesn't change
"Oh..." I mumble.
"But I don't really care" he says stuffing his hands in his pockets.
He studies me with his emerald eyes.
"Screw it, I should've done this along time ago"
I look up at him and he grabs my waist pulling me closer. Then he kisses me.
And it felt right. I hold his hand and break a part.
"Artemis no matter what...I love you"
I grip his hand tighter.
"Come back home with me tonight" He says
It was quiet after that.
"I can't"I say staring into a infinity of green that held my every secret.
"Artemis,there you are!" Dick dodged the crowd the way I did.
I quickly let go of Wally's hand.
"I was worried sick" he laughed as he walked towards us. I suppose he hasn't noticed Wally yet.
"Wally" Richard greets flatly as he struggled to straighten his tie.
I cross my arms and look over at Richard.
"Are we leaving so soon?" I ask Him.
"I saw you talking to Bruce and Tim...you're sure it's okay to leave" I say.
"I'm sure they'll be fine...though it seems you've found something to like about this party" Richard smirks sarcastically.
Great now he's pissed off for the rest of the night.
I glance over at Wally. His eyes are shinning the same emerald that has been my best friend for eight years.
I look down at the ground and I can feel both of their eyes on me.
"No..I'm ready go home now" I say slowly as I look up at Richard
A simple "okay" is all he says as he grabs my hand and Guides me into the crowd.
I look back at Wally apologetically he gives me the "Jim" face. We disappear into the crowd and out of the manor.