Chapter 2

Sarah's P.O.V.

Mr. Sanders fetched and drove me to the palace again. I waited for the great queen to arrive at the room where we talked a while ago. After a couple of minutes, she arrived with a grin plastered on her face.

"Well, you came back! I thought that it will take a while before you return but I stand corrected." She said.

"Yeah, I've thought the same also but I realized that you're right. Uhm, can I ask you a favor?" I inquired.

"And what is it that you want?"

"I know that you've already said it before but can you really help my family to pay off our debts?" I asked. She nodded in agreement but her blank expression remained.

"Of course, I'm always true to my words and I hope you'll do the same."

I agreed with her even if I didn't really want to marry the prince because first of all, we were still young and lastly we didn't love nor liked each other. How could we make this kingdom prosper if we didn't even compliment each other, right? I was also sure that we would just make matters worse but for my family, I would do everything even if it entailed my freedom. If only there was another way to save them from those heartless creditors then I would surely choose that instead of this.

I bid the queen goodbye then I left the room. I walked toward the main door then I heard a familiar voice calling me.

"Hey! You're the girl from the school a while ago. What are you doing here? Who permitted you to enter the palace?" He asked me and his eyes were glinting with bemusement. I crossed my arms over my chest to look intimidating.

"And you, what are you doing here?" I questioned stupidly.

Obviously, he lives here that's why. My subconscious reminded me. I mentally face palmed myself for my idiotic question. He also crossed his arms over his well - defined chest and I could feel that he was suppressing his laughter.

"Well, if you really don't know then let me refresh your memory. I am Cedrick Joseph Sullivan III, prince of Monte Carolina. As a prince, I am required to live at the official residence of the royal family which is here. Now, let me repeat my question. What are you doing here?"

"The queen wants to talk to me about our marriage." I said softly but from what I saw, he heard me. His eyes widened and he eyed me with disapproval. Wow, that was insulting!

The great queen suddenly appeared and she went to our direction. She looked worried, maybe about the pale and almost lifeless appearance of his beloved grandson. It wasn't my fault that he overreacted but honestly, I found this incident very funny. I didn't know that Cedrick had this side in him? It was ridiculous.

"What happened? Oh, you already met your fiancée." Cedrick stared at her grandmother in disbelief. If I only had a camera then I would capture this moment and use it against him.

"So it's true?" He queried.

"Yes, my dear. It's a long story but to make it short, she is betrothed to you for a long time already. She is the granddaughter of your grandfather's best friend." He looked at me from head to toe as if basing his decision regarding the marriage on my physique.

"You know, if you don't want to marry me then it's fine because I don't want to marry you either. Bastard!" I said, sounding insulted because I really felt that at the moment.

I saw anger in Cedrick's eyes and I also noticed his hands being clasped into fists. Now, he was angry! I should be the one to do that because from what I could recall, I was the one degraded, not him.