37. Hot and Cold

A/N: New official update status: Once a week. I've never had scheduled times so I'll try this. Ok? Enjoy! I added a music video that goes with the theme of Jason and Dick's love for you. ❤️😍❤️

Warning: Mild profanity within this chapter.

                             --*****--

I don't care, go on and tear me apart
I don't care if you do, ooh
'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars
I think I saw you

Chapter 37

Previously...

"The car was black", Wally informed, forcing his voice not to shiver and proud when it didn't.

There was no reply only the screeching of tires as the batmobile blocked the van's path.

"This is a waste of time.", Jason growled. "We need to be moving, this isn't a tour bus."

Batman ignored Jason and slammed the car door after his exit, storming towards the van which now had guns pointing out from every direction.

"Let's go guys. We're not kids.", Dick exits the car, now in his Nightwing persona.

"Let's go then.", Jason adds exiting the car leaving Wally to follow.

Time is running out. What if this is a waste?

__*****__
The van soon became a flurry of knees and fists. Six goons were soon heaped unconscious or groaning in front of the van. Batman dragged one of them to the van, slamming their back against one of the doors.

"You have five seconds to tell me...Where...She..Is", he growled, digging his fingers into the man's shoulders.

"I don't know who your talking about," the goon spat, earning a slam against the truck. He grunted but showed no intent of giving away information.

Nightwing stepped over the heap of bodies and slapped the goon. Hard.

The goon couldn't reach up to rub his burning cheek due to the ropes tying his wrists together. He never uttered a sound; his jaw clenched, his eyes steel. "No," he rasped through clenched teeth," I'll never tell."

"We're wasting time we-"
"TELL ME WHERE THE F*CK SHE IS", Dick slammed his fist on the thug's face, grinning when he heard the undeniable crack of bone.

Dick's chest heaved, his face red with anger. He let out an agonized roar and then broke down, letting his knees give away to the sick feeling of hopelessness.

Jason closed the distance between them and slapped Dick. "SNAP OUT OF IT DICK". Jason was tired of feeling hopeless. He just needed to vent things out. "Look, I miss her too ok, like crazy. It's drivin' me nuts not knowing where she is but we'll find her. Now you gonna stop feelin' sorry for yourself and get this done? She needs you, so get your ass up."

Dick's eyes were wide with shock. He stood up, still a little fazed. "Nice speech. Really motivating."

Jason grinned but it never reached his eyes. "We have a party to crash." He looked over at the goon they'd been interrogating with fiery eyes. "Let's have some fun."

_***_

After interrogating, branding, and stripping the goon down to his underwear, they were off.

Jason sat in the middle this time, leaving Dick on the outside. Wally sat, clenching and unclenching his fists, getting ready to fight for (Y/N).

"Nervous", Jason cocked an eyebrow.

"Not at all," Wally shifted uncomfortably.

The Batmobile wasn't built for two let alone four. The three hunks were squished together. Jason wriggled to try and give Wally some space, resulting in Dick slapping Jason's hand away angrily.

"Don't touch my butt!", Dick complained.

"Sorry I-"

"Shut up."

"Are we there yet," Wally inquired nervously. He wasn't in the mood for a backseat brawl.

"Ask your mother", Batman replied coldly.

Dick covered his mouth to contain laughter. Jason bit his lip to keep from smiling. He was going to miss this...not that he'd ever admit it though.

_***_

Your POV
You couldn't speak due to the torn skin Joker had left when he carved a wretched smile onto your face. It was at a time like this when you prayed for death. You wanted it badly. You knew you probably looked terrifying and you didn't want to be rescued looking like this.

It had been 4 hours, yet it felt like days. Harley and the Joker tortured you, enjoying your screams and thrashes. Your legs were crushed, the bones shattered. You had large bruises from where Harley had punched or kicked you. This was agony and you had a feeling it would only get worse.

What if I don't make it out? What if she kills me?

You had yet to find out.

Harley stormed in the room, her boots thudding on the concrete.

Thud,thud,thud

She stepped in front of you with an evil grin.

"Kill me," you spat.

"I wouldn't let you get off that easy," Harley teased.

"HIYAH," she swung the hammer down on your left arm, immediately breaking bone.

Your scream was gut wrenching. You twisted against your restraints to no avail. This was only the first strike. How will you survive?