28. Bats is the new Oz

Dedicated to lotsofsparkles1

A/N: Sooooo. Nightwing's in for a treat huh. Guess you'll have to see. Read on.

Chapter 28

"Yes?", Nightwing called into Batman's quarters.

"Come take a seat, this may take awhile."

"uh-ok", Nightwing agreed confusingly. Did I do something wrong? Look. I'm Nightwing. Things like this happen all the time.

"Now, I know...as you grow older you tend to...change". At this Nightwing's eyes bulged but he did not attempt to speak for Batman raised his hand for silence.

"I remember being a pubescent boy once, believe it or not but it is my responsibility as your guardian to teach you how to overcome those feelings and be yourself."

"I-that's not-*sigh*-continue", Nightwing replied, his face turning pink.

"Have you been feeling primal lately. Wilder? Stronger?"

"No. Not at all. I've been normal."

"Maybe in your terms...territorial?", Batman swiveled around in his chair to look Nightwing in the eye.

"N-Well maybe a little.", Nightwing said, automatically turning his head from the uncomfortable stare.

"And (Y/N), does she have anything to do with this?", Batman inquired with the signature Wayne eyebrow arch.

"Uh-What does this have to do with anything?", Nightwing fidgeted in his chair, a bead of sweat accumulating on his forehead

"It has to do with everything. Oh and I saw the ring in the back of your desk drawer. You two have connected a lot huh?", Batman asked.

"WHAT!!!WERE YOU SNOOPING IN MY ROOM?", Nightwing yelled, getting out of his chair.

"Of course I was. I'm the best detective in Gotham.", Batman shrugged.

"*sigh*Look...She means a lot to me even though it didn't seem like it when I mistreated her. I jumped to conclusions and I shouldn't have. But i think we made up pretty good. I don't plan to ask her so soon.", Nightwing explained, calming down.

"Hmm...you can go now. I think I've talked all the information I want out of you."