4.I Need A Hero

Chapter 04

Dick sat at home. No crime had occurred that day. He twiddled with his fingers hopelessly wondering on what he should do. He couldnt seem to keep his mind from wandering to you. He sensed something was wrong.
Alfred came in and saw his look of distress. "What is the matter?", his facial expressions inquisitive as he poured Dick and himself a cup of tea.

"I have a sense that something has gone wrong and I dont know what to do", Dick confided in Alfred before lying his head in his hands.

"Go check on her. I'll tell Bruce, you went for a stroll", he added knowingly.

Dick blushed madly. "How did you know?"

"Trust me the butler's know everything", Alfred replied with a gentle smile.

******
In downtown Gotham....

You woke tied to a chair. Ok how did this happen. You started freaking out. The surroundings were composed of steel walls and no windows. You weren't karate kid but you could probably find a way out.

Your plan of escape was cut off by footsteps clacking on the cement floor. Your back stiffened and your fingers desperately tried to untie the rope but there was no chance.

The so called Red Hood approached from a distance carrying something limp in his arms and tossing over until it lightly bumped your feet. It was a floppy paper bag, brown in color, medium in size.

You looked at him as if asking if you could open it. He gave you a nod and left. It smelled good. Very good. Your face seemed to glow when you found a hot meal composed of a sandwhich a cookie and an apple with 3 random fries.

"It was all I could...find", he gave over his shoulder before returning into the darkness.

You now looked at the food rather wary wondering,whose meal this really was. You tossed the fries across the floor. They were burnt anyways. Burnt and soggy. You crunched into your sandwhich. Mmmm grilled cheese.

A jingle sound was heard and you looked up the sandwhich dropping from your mouth seeing as though you had no free hands at the moment. It was a dog. A cute pug. It woofed and lapped up the fries and you grinned relieved that the fries didn't go to waste.

You wondered what would happen to you as you litterly bobbed for an apple but without the water. It was unsuccessfull you confirmed as it went rolling across the floor. The dog sniffed at it then turned away.

"Hey...err Mr. Red Hood sir, could you allow me to be untied so I can eat?", you asked.

There were some shuffles and then he came, knife in hand. "Sure", he grinned. He bent down behind the chair and you could feel his breath on your neck. Your heartbeat sped up. Oh.

As soon as he cut you free you bolted from the chair and made a dash for it but pathetically tripped on the apple the dog had failed to eat. You got up but a tight fist clenched you arm the area turning white. "Never do that again".

He shoved you down on the cement and started to walk towards you. Gratefully, Nightwing, Robin, and Superboy jumped from the rafters making a wave that blew your hair up for a second.

You quickly leaped into Nigjtwing's arms and burrowed your face into his chest. It was warm. He blushed madly. "(Y/N), do you um mind?", he said awkwardly.

"Oh yeah", you blushed also and stepped aside after removing your hands from him.

"So did you come for me or her?", Red Hood asked, pointing at Nightwing.

Batman stepped to his defense. "Leave him out of this. You chose to kill and now look at you", his face darkened with anger and dissaproval,"I realize that your getting out of hand. Tonight you'll be put behind bars...for good".

"Hahahaha. And how do you expect to do that", he shot back in mock question.

You snapped your fingers, a smirk appearing on your face, "This". Police officers poured into the room and Red Hood froze.

There were too many of them. Batman had made sure of that. This had all been their big plan though you were a bit hesitant at first. Now everything would end. Well at least for him.

"GET ON THE GROUND NOW!!!", a police officer shouted and suprisingly he did.

"HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK SON"

"NO FUNNY BUSINESS"

They loaded him up in the car having to half drag him. Not because he resisted but just because he didnt feel like walking.

As they drove him away you thought you saw a look of triumph or some sort of smirk. You knew this wouldnt last long. At all.