25. Rivalry Part 2

A/N: This chapter is going to be filled with action so enjoy! And oh yeah read Zatanna's words backwards.

Chapter 25

Previously,
You turned at the sound of Zatanna's footsteps down the hall and she looked angry. Very angry. Her eyes were glowing white too which couldn't be a good sign.

*****

"Hey...Zatanna. Look, you don't need to be angry. He broke up with me.", you confessed, then added with conviction "But you can't have him!"

That only seemed to make her angrier. "Rednuht mrots", Zatanna murmured into existence.

"Uh oh. That can't be good", you said jumping out the way of a lightning bolt. She walked closer, her eyes glowing intensely. She pinned you to the ground and started punching your face.

Left. Right. Left. Right. Don't scream. Do...ahh...not...ack...scream.

You reached behind your back and pulled out your katanas, holding them out in front of you. Zatanna's knuckle met the blade, slicing it open.

Zatanna hissed the thunder storm faded the echoes of thunder leaving her ears.

She looked at her split knuckle allowing you to crawl out from under her, your face dripping blood that you tried wiping away before preparing for another hit.

When she didn't advance you took your shot, landing a blow to the side of head leaving her unconscious.

                                  *****
Nightwing shook his head. "Batman and the others would never consider you. If anyone could be on the Justice League it would be Aqualad."

"Fine then. Go back to your kitty league.", Red Arrow waved already slinking back into the shadows.

Nightwing turned toward the zeta tubes but hesitated. What if (y/n) is still there? He shook his head, forcing himself to go back to the cave.

When he came out of the zeta tubes, his eyes bulged. "(Y/N)!", he yelled.

You turned to see Nightwing looking at Zatanna with shock. "YOU MONSTER. YOU JEALOUS MONSTER", he screamed at you, rushing to Zatanna.

It's not what it looks like. Please don't think that way about me. No. This is all a mistake.