Chapter 8

The Devil Within by: Digital Daggers

Chapter 8

Hive/Wards Pov:

"Emma" Hive says

"What?" Malik

"Emma. She is Wards daughter." Malik looks confused "Did you know he had a daughter?"

"No I did not. What do you think we should do?"

"I would like to be a part of my army"

NO. You will not touch her. They won't let you near her.

Oh but I can just kill them instantly.

Please don't touch her she has been through enough all ready

Looks like she is going to be through even more.

"We need to figure out how to draw his old team out." Hive said

"We can make it seem like there is a new inhumane and hopefully Agent Johnson will be there and we can get her to join us."

NOOO. Leave her alone. Please

"I like your idea but Ward not so much. When do we put it into action?"

"Now."

At the SHIELD Base Emma's pov:

"Ok everyone we have some suspicious activity going on in a small town outside of Philadelphia."

"Do you know what we are dealing with?" Skye asks

"There have been reports of bodies being found."

"Why is that so suspicious that we have to go see what it's about?" I ask.

"Because it's only the skeletons that are covered in blood with what seem to be burn marks on them. That's why we checking it out. To see if it's an inhuman." May explains.

"I think it's a trap" I say

"And why do you think that" Lincoln asks while walking toward they table. "It's an inhumane that must likely needs our help."

I look at him for a few seconds ten turn back to Coulson ignoring him "How many bodies were found"

"13 bodies were found all around the same area. He or she needs our help to help them control their powers before they hurt anyone else."

"Did you just completely ignore what I said?" I say looking at them like they're stupid "It's obviously a trap. If someone who had no control over their power they wouldn't want people to know. They wouldn't even want people to even know they have powers. They would hide the body. Or they are trying to get our attention and kidnap Skye."

"We are going and that's final." Coulson says while exiting the room.

"Skye. You can't go. I don't know why but I am positively sure that this is a trap." I say pleadingly  "Its almost like Grant is telling me. I know, it sounds stupid, but I just have a really bad feeling about you going."

"What if it really is an inhumane who needs my help? I can't just leave them."

"Then let me come with you"

"No its too dangerous."

"You're kidding right?" I said with an irritated look "Its too dangerous? Honey I have been through more gun fights then you ever have. I've been in more take downs. And I probably have killed many, many more people then you. I have never been in a safe place in my life. I was always running and hiding. On the break of death countless times. But hear I am. I'm standing right in front of you aren't I?"

I look around and see Fitz and Simmons with a scared look on their faces and Mack and Hunter with an amused face. Then I see Skye glance at Bobbie like she's asking her if we should. Bobbie gives a nod to Skye as in saying I should go.

"Fine. But you have to do what I say."

"Thank you... Bobbie." I say

"Wait what?" Skye asks "I was the one that said you could go she didn't do anything."

"But she's the reason you said I could go. I saw you look at Bobbie as if you were asking her what she thought, and I saw her nod her head yes. Even though it wasn't noticeable to anyone else."

"Whatever. Lets go get ready." Skye says while rolling her eyes and exiting the room.

SHIELD Base - Lab Jemma's Pov:

"Hey Fitz?" I ask

"What?"

"Remember when Emma told us about when she first meet Ward?" he nods his head yes "Well she said that she was hurt really badly and that when Ward grabbed her hand she said some of the pain went away."

"What about it?"

"Don't you think that's weird"

"Huh. I never thought about it." Fitz said "Do you think he's inhumane?"

"Its the only explanation I can think of."

"But wouldn't you think he would have been at the afterlife if he was."

Fitz is right. But what exactly can he do. There something that doesn't seem right with what Emma said about when Ward found her. "So the only thing we know that Ward can do. Involves taking away pain right?" he nods "Well why didn't he try to take Skye's pain away when she was shot if he really did care for her?"

"I actually think he did."

I look at him confused with what he just said "How? She seemed to never have a lot of pain and she some how drastically felt less pain in only seconds."

"I think he did it before she woke up." He says "I think once we gave her GH325, and when he was the only one in the room with he most have taken away not just a little but a lot. I think that might be why reason 1 Skye wasn't in a lot of pain and wanted to get up and move around a lot and 2 why Ward didn't come out of his room for three days and why when ever I tried to get him out he would always sound like he was in pain. I don't think he just takes away the pain... I think he also gives it to himself, but it will go away in a small amount of time. It just depends on how much pain he takes. And it seemed like he took a lot of Skye's pain."

"How many people do you think know about his power?" I ask

"I'm going to guess Romanoff, Barton, Emma, and Kara but she's dead now so, you know."

"Should we tell Coulson?"

"I don't think we should." Fitz says "Lets try and look into it first because, remember when Lincoln said that Hive cant posses inhumanes?" I nod my head yes "Then Ward can't be an inhumane cause he already had his powers before he encountered Hive or any of us."

"Ok. We wont tell anyone."

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in forever. I new what I wanted to wright but I didn't really know how to get into it. I really am mad at the creators of the show for what they did. But at least Lincolns gone. As I say to my friends "If Ward can't have Skye no one can." (evilly laughs) Tell what you think and give me some ideas please Thank you. Till next time.