Chapter 42: The Answer (to Life)

Start from the beginning

After resetting the disguise, he didn't look messy or bloody at all. He didn't even look as worn out as he was. He still looked like someone else though. He raised out his right hand and with the motion of his wrist, something appeared into his hand. He brought back his hand and looked down to see a hair tie. He looked back up at the mirror and combed back his hair, leaving his beautiful bangs as they were before (slightly pushed out of his face, proudly showing his eyes, though some just couldn't stay off to the side and sat between his eyes), and pulled it into a ponytail.

"Hmm maybe not everyday, but I like it." Onity said, looking at it in the mirror the best he could, considering it was a short ponytail on the back of his head.

He ditched the headphones too. They were not his thing at all.

He did a spell to change the clothes as well. He wasn't entirely sure what he'd get because he wasn't used to magic like this, but he would be pretty much down for anything other what he'd been stuck in for the last few weeks. What he got was a black collared shirt with a dull purple sweater over it, and then white pants and light Grey shoes. Simple and he felt pretty lucky with what he got. It was a little warm compared to what he had on last, but he wouldn't complain.

He looked at himself in the mirror again, even posing for himself.

"It's a good start." He told himself.

He teleported back down to the first floor, thinking maybe he'd take a walk outside. Yeah, that sounded nice. He needed to listen to Seto and spend a lot more time away from this place, no matter how familiar it was to him.

"I don't see any signs around."

"Hm."

Only, when he teleported to the first floor, he found he wasn't alone.

"Maybe we need to look around for them? Like explore?"

That voice.

"I guess so."

Onity froze, unsure what to do, losing track of time, but he quickly composed himself teleporting over to them, still a few feet away from their group at the front door. His teleporting made a little bit of a zap sound, and the group of five heard him, turning to look at him, spooked.

"Welcome!" Onity smiled.

"Who are you?" The one with the red eye, Ty, asked.

"Name's Onity and this here is my mansion!" Onity made a motion towards the whole building.

"So...are you the one who sent those letters?" Sky asked. " The ones about the map?"

Onity paused. "Well, I didn't send them, but I do have a map. Sort of. It's not well constructed, you'll have to pardon me."

"We'll be the judge of that." Bashur smiled.

Onity had nothing at all and he couldn't help but despise whoever told these people his house was a god damn play thing. He'd have to roll with it though, and he was pretty creative, so he'd come up with something and hope it worked.

"So! Any questions before we being this tour?" Onity asked, leaning on the heels of his feet.

"Yeah!" Tyler spoke up. "Why do you look similar to Ty? It's in the facial features. It's kinda creepy."

"Yeah, I wondered that too." Sky pointed out.

Onity was about to speak up, but was cut off.

"I don't think I'm that ugly." Ty said.

"Ty! Don't insult our host!" Sky laughed.

"Darling, it's a small world, I'm sure you've heard of legends that claim if you run into your doppelganger that you're doomed to die." Onity laughed a bit too, and he felt a little bad for it.