I looked up at the person who greeted me. It was Laura, Melissa sister. She sat on the stool at the breakfast bar chewing something.

"Hi." I greeted back turning when I heard my toast pop up. I placed it on the plate then began to butter it.

"So..." I heard Laura draw out the long word. "Sorry to hear about your mother."

I turned giving her a tight smile. "Thanks." I felt a flutter in my chest. I still can't believe that she is gone.

"Thanks for letting me stay." Laura carried on.

I sat opposite her at the bar. "Thanks but it is up the Sinclairs if they let you stay. It is their house." I explained to her. Justin did say it was only for one night.

"I can't go back there!" She cried. "He will kill me."

"We can find you somewhere to stay a place where he won't think go find you." I said. "You have your sister that will always be there for you."

She shook her head picking at her sleeve. I noticed some marks on her arms.

"Have you been hurting yourself Laura?" I asked

She shook her head. "No those are old marks. Haven't done cut myself since I have been a teenager."

I let out a sigh. Harming ones self is not good.

Laura stilled looking at me. Her green eyes watering up. "I do think about killing myself." She said instead pulling the sleeves down to her wrists. "I have nothing to live for. Melissa is happy being employed here. She will be miserable having to move because of me."

I got of the chair my breakfast forgotten to walk over to her. I gathered her in my arms letting her cry on my shoulder.

"Your sister love you. You will make it through this hard time." I rubbed her back offering words of encouragement.

"What hard time?" Justin said as he came strolling in to the room.

He walked over to the fridge taking out a carton of Juice.

"Laura has been thinking of killing herself." I told him.

Laura wailed louder on my shoulder. She had her back to Justin so I was able to mouth "Why?"

I gave him a why-do-you-think look.
"Because she been in an abuse relationship. And she is now homeless." I explained for him.

He uncorked the carton to take a sip.

"Get a glass!" I told him. "No one wants to taste your backwash."

He smiled playing blowing me a kiss. My heart skipped a beat.

Laura sat up suddenly dislodging me. Walking over tearfully to Justin hugging him.

Justin stood there awkwardly with his arms wide open unsure whether to push the loud crying woman off him or offer her comfort.

He looked to me for help his face a mask of fear.

"I just want to die!" Laura cried.

"No you don't." Justin said looking down at her as she wrapped her arms tightly around his body.

I placed my hand up to my mouth trying not to laugh.