Chapter Seven: He Drinks Daniels at the Bar.

Austin's POV

"Is there anything I can get you?" I asked Grace as I guided her towards the couch. She swatted me away with one hand, the other covering the side of her face where Jack hit her which might I add was already turning purple. 

"I can walk by myself you know, I have a bruise I'm not damn crippled." She yanked herself out of my arms and sat on the edge of my sofa. I rubbed the back of my neck, the guilt of getting in a fight with her boyfriend was eating me away. 

He deserved it though, it's one thing to insult me but to bring up my family...

"Austin?" I looked down at the hand Grace had placed on my arm. 

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry about Jack, he's not usually like that." 

I scoffed at her words, ever since my family died Jack had always been exactly like that. I walked away from Grace, turning my back to her and walking into the kitchen. 

"Whatever" I shrugged and opened the freezer to get a cold pack for Grace's cheek. I was digging through the freezer when Grace walked into my peripheral vision. She leaned up against the side of the fridge. 

"I'm serious Austin, I've never seen him that hostile." Her voice was soft and she seemed to be begging me with her eyes to accept her douchebag of a boyfriend. 

"Yeah sure." I handed her the ice pack and walked upstairs to my bathroom. 

"Austin! She called up to me, annoyance lacing her tone. I didn't reply, busying myself with getting a first aid kit out. "Austin!" She yelled again, I still didn't reply. I heard her footsteps stomping up the stairs. Seconds later she appeared in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Austin. I mean it. He's not a bad guy." I actually laughed at her this time. It was hilarious how well Jack had brainwashed her, funny how she believed his facade to be true.

"He's not mean to you, but if you opened your eyes you'd see how he really is." I walked around her and set the first aid kit on my bed, sitting on top of the comforter to start applying to gauze to my knuckles.

"Shit" I winced as the rough gauze scraped against the sensitive flesh. Grace caught sight of my fists and gasped.

"Dammit Austin, if your knuckles are like that imagine what Jack's face is like." She rushed over and snatched the gauze out of my hand.

I felt content with the thought of Jack sporting a black eye and a split lip, but when I looked back at Grace to see the concern for her boyfriend in her eyes my mood sombered right back up.

"Here let me help you." She said, picking my hand up and placing it on her lap.

"I perfectly capable of doing it by myself thanks." I grumbled, pulling my hand back to me.

Grace crossed her arms and glared at me.

"Austin, I'm trying to help." I just returned her glare and copied her posture like an angry toddler.

"Shouldn't you be off helping your boyfriend huh? I'm sure you'd much rather be with him than wasting your time on a screw up like me." I bit out, my voice much harder than intended.

Grace winced at my words, making me instantly regret them. We both looked down, avoiding any kind of eye contact.

"My boyfriend's most likely pissed at me for sticking up for you okay?" Her voice was barely above a whisper. I mentally slapped myself for even bringing it up. 

Rather Be Jack •|COMPLETED|•जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें