23: part 2

🚨Bentleys POV🚨

Why is this douche walking toward Lucy? And what is in his hands?

I stop in my tracks because I know I'll attack him, if I get close enough. But I use my wolf hearing to listen to their conversation.

"I brought my jersey for you to wear, you're still going to wear it right?" He says handing holding out his stupid red and grey jersey.

Lucy looks confused then she looks sorry.

"Aaron, I totally forgot. Alot has been going on and it must have slipped my mind." She said.

She is not wearing his jersey. She is my mate, not his.

"Yeah, I sorta figured, I'm sorry about your accident. I wanted to text you to get together, but I had alot things going on aswell." He said.

Why does he have her number? I will kick that preppy jocks ass in a second if even thinks he has a chance with my mate.
▫     ▫      ▫
✴Lucys POV✴

"No I completely understand, and thank you." I said giving him a small smile. Bentley was right behind Aaron sending lazers into his head.

I need to cut this conversation short, if I learned anything from my werewolf books, wolf's are very territorial and protective of what's theirs, especially their mates.

"So do you still want to wear it?" Aaron asked with a smirk.

I'll admit it, Aaron is cute. But he has nothing on Bentley. My Bentley. Saying his name makes me smile.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I'll be able to go to the game. I still have a concussion and I'm not supposed to put myself in places where's there's to much commotion, it could worsen the systems. I'm sorry Aaron." I say. I mean I'm not really lying, but he doesn't need to know the truth, which is I'm with Bentley now, and wearing Aaron's jersey would cause drama.

And like the lady says,  "Aint nobody got time for that."

Aaron's once smirk goes to a thin line.

"I'm sure there are plenty of other girls who would want to wear." Say Bentley who just walked over to us.

"Eaves dropping?" Aaron asked annoyed.

"No, I just couldn't over hear how desperate you were." Bentley chuckled placing his arm around my shoulders.

"Never the case, I was giving her the opportunity to wear my jersey." Aaron says rolling his eyes.

What what? Opportunity? Now I'm confused.

"Opportunity? You make it sound like a privilege." I said crossing my arms and raising my eyebrows.

"Because it is." Aaron says flatly.

"Hey pretty boy, I'd leave if I were you." Called Greyson taking a bite out of an apple.

"Yeah, I think that's for the best." I said not looking at Aaron.

Aaron let out a one of those laughs when you can tell when someone mad and starts to back away.

We all watch as he walks back to his circle which includes Loren. He throws his jersey at her and walks into the school.

Loren catches the jersey and looks over to me.

She gives me a fake smile and shakes her head. A few girls rush over to admire Aaron's jersey, so Bentley and I turn away to face our friends.

"Aaron is such an asshole." Karlie Ann says hopping off car.

"Agreed." Both Kendra and Dana say in unison.