First period was History. History! Michael was going to be there with me, which means I can talk to him about Abby. I smiled to myself and removed the books from the locker and put them in my handbag.  

“Did you guys watch the new episode of Pretty Little Liars last night?” Abby asked.

“Oh my god! Yes! Erica and I watched it together,” I responded immediately.

“Together?” Abby asked, confused.

“Oh,” Erica said. “We forgot to mention it, Ash is going to be staying with us for three weeks; her mom’s gone out of town.”

“How could you forget to mention that?” Abby asked.

“It just slipped off my mind,” Erica said, shrugging.

“Clearly,” Abby replied with a scowl.

The bell rang and I was more than happy to go for History. Michael and Abby have to be in a relationship, they look so cute and they are perfect for each other! I rushed towards Ms. Ada’s room. After reaching, I saw Michael was already there and I quickly went and sat next to him.

“Hey,” he said with a smile.

“Hi,” I replied cheerfully.

“You look happy,” he replied while doodling something in his book.

“Well, I know I’m not sad,” I responded with a shrug.

He gave me a closed-mouth smile with a soft nod. Okay, now what do I do? I can’t just talk to him about Abby, I have to talk to him about it indirectly. Man, this stuff is hard.

“So,” I said, loud enough for him to hear. “Quite a lot of girls are interested in you.”

He looked at me through his dark eyelashes, “Maybe, but I’m not interested in any of them.”

I scowled, “Why? Do you have a girlfriend?”

He snorted, “If I had one, I’m sure I would have brought her camping with us.”

“Oh, right,” I said.

After a few silent seconds, I asked, “Are you interested in any girl?”

He furrowed his eyebrows and asked, “Why are you asking me these questions?”

“What do you mean by these questions? I’m just making conversation,” I said quickly.

He rolled his eyes, clearly not buying it.

“So are you interested in any girl?” I asked again.

“Not really,” he said, nodding.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I said, feeling my patience slowly giving up.

“It means that I’m not sure,” he replied calmly.

Now how do I continue this conversation and steer it towards Abby?!

Ms. Ada came in and started arranging her things on the desk.

“Would you mind if I asked who the girl is?” I asked, carefully forming my sentence.

“Not really,” he responded.

“Do you have any direct and clear answers?” I asked, glaring at him.

 “Not really,” he replied with a grin.

“Ah! Michael! You know you can talk to me about this stuff right?” I asked.

“I know,” he said with a nod.