Lyon x Reader - Oblivious

Start from the beginning

When Gray first joined, I was beyond angry. But something about (Y/n) joining made my happier and I was never upset about her joining. (Y/n) trained with us for about a month before she decided to take her leave. She was never the best at magic and was failing in comparison to Gray and I. I guess she felt like she slowing the process of us learning. So she left. For a week Ur, Gray and I were all quite sad but we got over it in the long run. We continued to train and Gray made the stupid mistake that cost Ur her life.

Gray and I were both left without a guardian to care for us. We would get into a fight every second and were about to leave each other when we ran into (y/n). She saved us from each other and nurtured us back to health, caring for us in all ways.

The three of us traveled together and my feelings towards her began to grow the more time I spent with her. But deep down I always felt like she liked Gray more than me and I was proven correct when we reached Magnolia. Both Gray and (Y/n) joined the guild and left me alone. It sounds worst then it was, but it was my decision to leave them be. I knew they liked each other and I didn't want to get in their way. (Y/n) and I have stayed in touch but we haven't talked or spent time with each other as much as I have wanted to. And I guess even after all these years, I still love her." I told them, it felt like telling them my life story, but it was harder than that. Yuka and Toby looked shocked by my story.

"That sucks dude." Toby said and I nodded. Yuka seemed lost in thought so I let him be and began to drink some more of my coffee.

"You should ask her out!" Yuka declared. I immediately spit my coffee out all over Toby at the surprise of Yuka's suggestion. My eyes were wide and I didn't care for the screams of agony that Toby let out when I spit burning hot coffee on him.

"You have got to be completely insane to think I'd ever be able to successfully ask out (Y/n)! She likes Gray, they're probably already dating!" I shouted at him. I was completely insulted by Yuka's suggestion.

"Hold on, I have got a reason behind this." Yuka says, trying to explain himself. "You are very close to both Gray and (Y/n), right? You also know Juvia well right? So if they were truly dating, they would tell you right?"

"Well yeah, but they probably don't care about me enough to tell me." I said sadly, knowing that what I said was probably true.

"Okay, that might have happened, but why hasn't Juvia done some crazy thing to hurt (Y/n) if she is Gray's girlfriend. There have also been no complaints about the two from Juvia." Yuka made some good points, but I couldn't help but feel like somehow, Yuka was wrong.

"Yuka, I don't know about it. I still don't see why I have to ask her out. It won't go well. She'll probably end up hating me." I make some lame excuse to try to get him to stop. He sees right through it.

"Maybe (Y/n) hating you is a good thing. At least you would finally get clarification of her feelings for you and it might be enough for you to move on and finally be truly happy." Yuka kept getting better and better with his points and it was starting to irritate me. Since when was he so good at making points, none the less about love and romance. He's the most single guy I know!

"Hey! Lyon!" A voice shouted. I would have loved to here this voice anytime but now. I looked over and saw (Y/n) running to us, waving her hand in the air as she did so to catch our attention. I looked back to our table and Yuka was eyeing me with the intent to kill. Toby was really confused as always.

"This is your time Lyon, ask (Y/n) out!" Yuka demanded, too loud for my liking so I shushed him.

"Hey, Lyon!" (Y/n) said beautifully with grace and precision. I don't know how those adjectives describe a voice but they do with her.