Chapter 2: The Quartz

She's a Quartz... I'm a little worried because Quartzes are like twice the size of a Peridot... But it's fine I'll just call Yellow Diamond. I turn the communicator to the yellow part and a huge three diamond screen comes up.
         "Yellow Diamond." I say.
         "Oh, Peridot, what do you need?" She asks.
         "Well, I have a roommate and her stuff is being brought in and she has a huge bed, and I'm assuming she's a Quartz... That's a little intimidating to me..." I tell her.
        "Peridot it's all right! Don't worry! You'll be getting limb enhancers! They make you taller and give you a large weapon selection. You'll be fine, she's not going to hurt you." She explained. Limb enhancers... Wow...
        "Thanks." I say.
        "No problem, just call if you need anything else." I turn it off and I start to push my bed toward the corner and my desk. I took the left side of the room. Hope the Quartz likes the right side. I start to unpack my stuff and find my sketchbook. I opened it and found an old drawing I did of a Sapphire once. It pleases me to see a familiar sight. The door nob starts to jiggle, as someone unlocks it. It must be the Quartz. She opens the door. She's orange with red orangish stripes on her, and her Gem is on her nose.
         "Oh, hello, you must me my roommate." She's says.
         "Yes... I-I'm Perid-dot." I say nervously.
         "It's ok... I know I look intimidating but I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Jasper." She tells me.
         "Sorry... I transferred schools and I don't know anyone here and I'm so nervous." I tell Jasper.
         "It's ok. It's hard I know. So anyways, I see you set up my side of the room. That's really nice of you." She says.
         "No problem. I needed something to do. Hey, wanna go get a cup of coffee to get to know each other?" I ask.
         "Oh sure. That's sounds great!" Jasper says. We leave the dorm and head for the campus's exquisite coffee shop.