Chapter 19: Next to Finally

Trey POV
I sat back in my chair with a cup of patron in my hand. I was wait on Jo to bring the Twins over here. All of my thoughts were flooded with Ms. Aaleeyah Petty. I tapped my free hand on the table. I didn't know how to open her up. She was different. Hard to read but I like that. It's more of a challenge and more fun for me. While I was deep in my thoughts, someone knocked on my door. I threw the rest of my Patron back and sat down the glass, answering the door.

I opened the door, "Uncle Twey!" They screamed, attacking me in a hug.

"Wassup babies!" I exclaimed kissing their cheeks. "Where's your Mama?"

"At home." Mykell answered.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Who brought y'all then?" I asked.

Alissa turned and pointed behind me. I turned and saw Aaleeyah standing in my doorframe with their bags. I walked to her and grabbed them from her, smiling. I was surprised when she smiled back at me.

"Where's Jo?" I asked.

"She wasn't feelin good so she called and asked me could I bring them over here." She answered.

"Oh ight. Thanks."

She nodded and turned to leave. I grabbed her by arm and looked at her, thinking whether I should ask or not. I cleared my throat, "Aaleeyah? Do you wanna go out with me? Like on a date?" I asked, scared of getting rejected again.

She looked at me and finally answered, "Yeah."

"Forreal? I mean um, cool. Let me getcho' number."

"Okay." She took my phone and gave me hers. We both entered our numbers on each other's and gave them back.

She looked at my name and rolled her eyes. "Really Trey?"

I laughed and kissed her cheek. She turned and left me laughing at her reaction.

"Uncle Twey! I'm hungry." Lissa yelled.

"Yeah. Me too." Mykell agreed rubbing his stomach.

"You always hungry lil nigga. What else is new?" I threw up my hands dramatically.

They giggled and I laughed too. "What y'all want to eat?"

They looked at each other and smiled, "Pizza!"

I shook my head went to order the pizza.

August POV
"Jordin I wish ya' would eat dis." I said sternly.

She shook ha' head. "I'm not hungry." She groaned.

"Ya' need ta' eat babyeh."

She shook ha' head no again. I sighed an' put da' bowl on da' nightstand next ta' me. Erry time she get sick she get difficult. Neva' in compliance wit me an' shidd.  I continued ta' try an' get ha' ta' eat but she still refused. Den someone knocked on da' do' downstairs. I got up massaging ma' temples an' went ta' answa' it.

"Who is it?" I yelled. I didn't hear da' name but I answered anyway. Once I opened da' do' I clenched ma' jaw super tight.

"What da' hell ya' want?" I gritted.

"Please August. Just give me 15 minutes." She pleaded.

I rolled ma' eyes an' massaged ma' temples. "5 minutes." I answered. Den I stepped aside an' let ha' in. She slowly walked in looking 'round. Letting ha' eyes explore our house. She turned an' found da' living an' took a seat on da' Love Seat.

"So Wessup Jasmine?" I sat down in the lounge chair diagonal from ha' an and rested my chin on ma' thumbs. She looked down at ha' fingas'.

"Where's Jordin?" She asked.

"Upstairs. She tryna go ta' sleep."

"Is she okay?"

"Did ya' come hea' ta' discuss ma' wife? Or did ya' have sumn ta' me?" I asked slightly irritated.

"Sorry. Um I came here I because I wanted to apologize. First for the lost of her brother PJ. And secondly to y'all for trying to ruin yalls relationship. Y'all have a really strong marriage and it wasn't my place to try and ruin that. And for that I'm sorry. And I was hoping that maybe. Just maybe you could forgive me." Jasmine told me.

I was lil shocked dat she jus' said what she jus' said. I was taken back actually but I do believe in fo'givness. "Yeah. It's all good. Ya' ain't tryna start shidd again is ya'?"

She shook ha' head quickly an' answered, "No."

"Ight. Well I gotta go check on ma' wife. Maybe I'll see u 'round." I said givin ha' a hug.

"Thanks August." She went ta' do' an' left.

Well Trey finally got his date with Aaleeyah. Jasmine apologized? Do you think there's something more to this apology?

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Votes?

Excuse mistakes. Much love😘💋

Jae😚💙👑